Has anyone got a Black/Red Zed?

Gentle

Hey folks,

I'm starting to think about what mods I'm wanting. Think I'm gonna start with new Zed badges and maybe get my rims powder coated. I'm not sure what colour to go for though?

I'm thinking black alloys with a red rim, wheel nuts and centre badge and maybe red Z badges for the front and back. Can't picture in my head what it'll look like though. Not sure if the badges will look daft on their own (as they will be the first things getting changed)

Ben.

Oooor Cragus is going for Black & Red theme - he's near you too ;)

Black and red mate -Ewwwww! Don't do it! :ninja::lol:

Only red badge I would put on is the tommy k but at £90 a pop people like to steal them as I have found out. :lol:

I will try to find and post some photos to help you get started. :thumbs: calipers are a good place to start.

Red calipers...

SAM_0306.jpg

OEM with red calipers...

SAM_0312.jpg

...but get white reflectors if you get red calipers :thumbs:

SAM_0214.jpg

Red/black carbon battery/fluid lids

DSC00145.jpg

fitted with plain black carbon surround...

SAM_0267.jpg

same style with the engine cover...the nismo oil and rad cap have a nice mix od red and bling too

SAM_0266.jpg

Tommy k badge on OEM rear

DSCF1001.jpg

Hey mate, thanks for the photos!

I think it looks ace!

I'm just joining the my350z site so I can see the pics. Thanks folks.

I like the Tommy K badge, think I might get one on the rear strut. Still thinking about the round badge with the Z in the middle for the front and back though. Not sure if it'll look a bit random without any other mods though?

Ben.

Hey Ben,

Sarah (Chilli Red) is doing the Tommy K badges again and as for the round Z badges they are an improvement over the nissan ones - you can get them in a pearl black colour which makes the car look a bit more stealth. I smoothed out the badge on the back and changed my front bumper to the amuse so have no badges on the front on rear now. If you remove the rear badge you will defo need to replace it with something as there are two small holes under the badge. Or you could have it filled and painted.

Thanks very much Taddy - they are some older pictures. Before my full amuse kit and nismo spoiler went on. I think I am going to brave the snow this weekend and fit the brides. They are Muddys 'old' seats. They are still sitting in the original boxes and wrappings - it was as if they had come straight from the factory. :#1:

Hey Ben,

Sarah (Chilli Red) is doing the Tommy K badges again and as for the round Z badges they are an improvement over the nissan ones - you can get them in a pearl black colour which makes the car look a bit more stealth. I smoothed out the badge on the back and changed my front bumper to the amuse so have no badges on the front on rear now. If you remove the rear badge you will defo need to replace it with something as there are two small holes under the badge. Or you could have it filled and painted.

Thanks very much Taddy - they are some older pictures. Before my full amuse kit and nismo spoiler went on. I think I am going to brave the snow this weekend and fit the brides. They are Muddys 'old' seats. They are still sitting in the original boxes and wrappings - it was as if they had come straight from the factory. :#1:

nice one :cloud9: muddy is a legend! he always had seat covers on at all times unless on a stand great purchase :thumbs:

Hey Ben,

I was thinking of painting the badge red myself. Not sure whether to go for the one that looks like the origina with the small Z or whether to go for the circle with the big Z in it. You think a Tommy K one would fit front and back?

This vid started the retractable plate group buy on here if I remember correctly.

I like the stealth look - don't like the red badges on the side though. He has the pearly black z badges gentle - I think they look good if you don't want to stray too far from OEM but give a more sleek look.

Craig

This vid started the retractable plate group buy on here if I remember correctly.

I like the stealth look - don't like the red badges on the side though. He has the pearly black z badges gentle - I think they look good if you don't want to stray too far from OEM but give a more sleek look.

Craig

I'm not fussed about straying, just worried it may look daft without having any other mods at the minute. I supposed I could just wait.

Did you do your calipers yourself? I think that's a definite must for me. First things are the badges, calipers and maybe gear/handbrake knobs and gaiters?