lowering 350z

ninjaz

Hi everyone, i have just bought a 2003 350z. i want to lower it by about 40mm, is it as easy as just fitting springs or will i need to change other parts like iv read elsewhere. Also i want to fit spacers aswell to push the rear wheels out a bit, does this affect the handling or wear the tyres?

and how much will all this roughly cost? i dont have a massive budget but i dont wanna spend my money on parts that wont work or last long

please help! thanks

Hi everyone, i have just bought a 2003 350z. i want to lower it by about 40mm, is it as easy as just fitting springs or will i need to change other parts like iv read elsewhere. Also i want to fit spacers aswell to push the rear wheels out a bit, does this affect the handling or wear the tyres?

and how much will all this roughly cost? i dont have a massive budget but i dont wanna spend my money on parts that wont work or last long

please help! thanks

Have a look in my sub-forum mate and you will find all the parts that you require. :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Just drop me a pm with any questions. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Thank you for your replies. no doubt your sub-forum would come in handy alex, gonna take a browse later!

Neil.p......was the eibachs just springs? did u have to add any other parts apart from them? and what has changed in the handling and ride of your car?

Thank you for your replies. no doubt your sub-forum would come in handy alex, gonna take a browse later!

Neil.p......was the eibachs just springs? did u have to add any other parts apart from them? and what has changed in the handling and ride of your car?

Eibach springs got fitted by Nissan before i got it. Got tyre wear in the inside of tyres. Wasn't too bad but as most will say, better to get camber arms on front and back to get the geometry set up. Ride was fine and worked well on the track.

Adjustable arms are next on my list as I've now changed to adjustable coilovers

I have got eibach springs, lowered 30mm and have 25mm spacers back and 20mm spacers front on standard rims.

I do have to be careful on speedbumps. Those ones in the middle of the road cant be "staddled" anymore for risk of a bit of scraping underneath. Other than that no probs - dont park right up to curbs when parking forward etc etc.

IMO it handles great, looks like it should have come from the factory like that. I dont have any tyre wear issues but I do have the rear camber arms though. I am led to beloeive the fronts are not overly necessary.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I went 30mm but after nearly losing my exhaust a few times on speed bumps and raised manholes I adjusted back up to 20mm and never hit anything. There is nothing worse than the slow grind from your car as some tarmac/metal/concrete/small dog scrapes some of the bottom of your car off :surrender:

please help! thanks

I would lower it on coilovers matey if you can afford them. Never been a fan of just springs! I dropped mine loads when i first fitted my CS2's after letting the springs settle and it scraped quite a bit on stuff, but to be fair it looked awesome :teeth: I have since raised it up a spot so i can get over the speed bumps at work, impractical when crazy low but then again I see it as suffering for your art :bangin:

As far as tyre wear goes the lower you go on coils the more negative camber is induced so you wear your tyres on the inside edge a good deal more than normal, unless you buy adjustable arms and counter the induced camber that way. With spacers I try to avoid using them if possible but like the with wheels I run at the moment there wasn't really any other choice so just make sure theyre good quality and mounted correct or you'll soon know about it lol.

Hth.