Defrosting the Z

RisingPower

See, I didn't think when defrosting the Z last week that when I got to a petrol station I wouldn't be able to open the filler cap as it had frozen solid. Took a few goes, but got it open eventually.

Just wondering whether people defrost around the filler cap during winter :lol:

same happened to me last night :shrug:

maybe take a flask of hot water with you especially on days when you plan to fill up. you cna then either pour it over the stuck area. or if they doesn't work, you can drink it to keep warm while you wait for the AA to come and reful you.

:lol::lol::lol:

If it's cold enough to freeze the fuel cap shut I wouldn't be driving my zed, very brave of you mate

I don't think there was even any ice on the roads, just ice on the car. Either way, imo hardly a reason to stop driving the zed and hardly brave. Now, if there had been snow many many inches deep :thumbs:

the boot seems to be frozen shut most days now

I managed to get the boot open a bit easier :lol:

I think it's most likely i'll end up waiting for the AA :lol::p

All of you telling me to be worried about how the zed is in the snow, not much of an issue is it if the tank is empty :lol:

Have you put your old wheels back on :surrender:

All I meant was one little slide into a curb and you will be :rant:

If I still had the old wheels I would stick em back on if I had to use the car every day :thumbs:

It is not a sign of weakness :p most people would agree I expect... little bit of black ice and a £800 wheel is shagged :surrender:

And no point saying you are a good driver as I am sure you are... but one silly old duffer spins out in front of you, he loses a couple of £5 hub caps and you knacker your beautiful alloys B)

If I still had the old wheels I would stick em back on if I had to use the car every day :thumbs:

It is not a sign of weakness :p most people would agree I expect... little bit of black ice and a £800 wheel is shagged :surrender:

And no point saying you are a good driver as I am sure you are... but one silly old duffer spins out in front of you, he loses a couple of £5 hub caps and you knacker your beautiful alloys B)

Tis fair enough, but I'd always be afraid of hitting curbs with them on tbh, winter doesn't worry me any more or less than curbing them normally :thumbs:

I know there's more ice and more risk, but given the number of numpties around, winter really is the least of my concerns.

I'd end up never even wanting to put them back on in summer tbh.

Maybe if some cheap tyres come up I'll bear it in mind, but if the zed is really that unusable in winter, I'd be better off just getting a 4x4 and leaving it parked up?

Tis fair enough, but I'd always be afraid of hitting curbs with them on tbh, winter doesn't worry me any more or less than curbing them normally :thumbs:

I know there's more ice and more risk, but given the number of numpties around, winter really is the least of my concerns.

I'd end up never even wanting to put them back on in summer tbh.

Maybe if some cheap tyres come up I'll bear it in mind, but if the zed is really that unusable in winter, I'd be better off just getting a 4x4 and leaving it parked up?

Fair play :clap:

It's not unusable just worse than most in bad weather... Yesterday in bad weather a convoy of Zeds being followed by a VXR220, it was the the Vauxhall that ended up on a grass verge :drive1