My photography web site.

chrisjones6699

Hello all!! Apologies for my lack of forum activity! I started a new job with the forestry commission and its constant 14 hour night shifts with (believe it or not) no signal for my dongle!! :(

I'm looking to build a web site with my Photos and I would like to get some feed back with name idea's, site suggestions etc....

I've made a very basic site with my mac so I know that it looks a bit cack.

http://web.me.com/chrisjones6699

Cheers guys!

the site is looking good considering you did it on a mac :p

whats the crack with night shifts for the forestry commission. do you guard the trees from angry beavers or something?

Hahaha!! Have you been on the FC site to see my job description!? Thats exactly what i'm doing! :lol: I'm looking after the machinery that they use to "harvest" the tree's. Apparently, in Wales, youths tend to smash them up and nick fuel! Its a pretty sole destroying job BUT its a job! and i get to watch lots and lots of box sets!! :teeth:

Thanks for the lovely comment Matt mate! You're pretty limited with the mac software (and my lack of web designing ability!! :lol: )

the site is looking good considering you did it on a mac :p

whats the crack with night shifts for the forestry commission. do you guard the trees from angry beavers or something?

Hahaha!! Have you been on the FC site to see my job description!? Thats exactly what i'm doing! :lol: I'm looking after the machinery that they use to "harvest" the tree's. Apparently, in Wales, youths tend to smash them up and nick fuel! Its a pretty sole destroying job BUT its a job! and i get to watch lots and lots of box sets!! :teeth:

Thanks for the lovely comment Matt mate! You're pretty limited with the mac software (and my lack of web designing ability!! :lol: )

i didnt actually look at the job description, sorry, you had to beat up any youths yet? maybe you could stick some in the harvesting machines. i know your boss will still ask where the fuel as gone but would be better in the long term.

sorry bout the mac comment, not sure where my hatred for them comes from.

choosing a name is one of the hardest things, best bet is to test them out on something like 123-reg as you might think of a name but some other cretin might have already registered it. i know john and i spent weeks discussing it for his company and a similiar amount of time for mine.

just put in the box marked www.

add the name; but don't add the .co or .com bit it will then search and tell you if any verion of that name has already been registered.

edit - woopsie, can ignore the link as it no longer works, forgetting youd cancelled your hosting ftl :lol:

http://www.mattlindop-photography.com is mine however one fudimental (sp) floor with it :lol: it doesnt show pictures and hasnt done since it was set up :lol: was going to be revamped which if i could find the message with teh link to it i would post that link to.

iv started relying on a facebook specific page tbh as i never got a great deal of traffic to the site when it was on its original design (which showed pics).

may get round to fixing it one day but for now it can stay in the depths of the interweb.

Yeah, some really nice pictures on here. On one of the night ones I think you've a person waving a flaming torch or something around - a similar effect to the 'talk talk' adverts.

Have you tried this in a more staged environment ie drawing with a torch on a long exposure? You can create some pretty interesting pictures doing that!

Took 3 weeks to decide a name for our daughter so i'm not going to be much help there sorry!

Thanks you very much guys!! Some very nice comments there! :teeth: Thanks for the advice too!

Biscuit, thanks for pointing me in 123-reg, very handy! I think I have a couple of names in mind, a few people said that CJPhotography sounds professional and simple. I like 23Photography (23 has been a very significant number for my family over the years) too but I've still not made my mind up and I'm still open for suggestions :wacko: This is hard work! Jonesthephotographer is available too! Cheers Dave! :lol:

Stew, I'm glad you said that about my landscapes and Wildlife because when I first started taking photographs, these where the two subjects I wanted to specialize in! :)

I haven't been out with my camera for a while though due to work so I would like to get out and expand other subjects. Cars being one of them!!

Jenni was the :cloud9: in reference to the Lambo or my brother?? :lol:

Hey hey SpursmadDave!!! No innuendos??? Very disappointing! :lol: