Decided!

speedy

I use yellowstuff pads on the track and they have been fine so far. For the money they were great value. They were a massive improvement over the brembos but I've never used anything else to compare it to. I will be trying ferodo's for next year. The yellowstuff pads were fine on the roads and only get better with heat. Really pleased with them on track aswell

You've changed your tune Neily! :lol:

You've had your yellow stuff on for the two track days you've done and minimal road use correct? If you did higher milege and more TDs you would've needed to replace them twice over by now.

My Ferrodos have been on since April so thats five track days and at least 10k miles - I've only just been given a warning to get ready to replace the fronts :shrug:

No-one can deny that the yellow stuff do their job for the money but surely its false economy?

Speedy, have you checked out DBA rotors? I recently got some of the slotted 4000 series fitted (fronts) as my OEM discs were shot, and along with the Ferodo pads mentioned above they're great - powerful with loadsa feel. The rotors are c£300 for a pair :thumbs:

This is the set up Mark @ Abbey recommends. It's what i'll be changing to shortley.

Speedy, have you checked out DBA rotors? I recently got some of the slotted 4000 series fitted (fronts) as my OEM discs were shot, and along with the Ferodo pads mentioned above they're great - powerful with loadsa feel. The rotors are c£300 for a pair :thumbs:

This is the set up Mark @ Abbey recommends. It's what i'll be changing to shortley.

Indeed, that's where I got them fitted :) Crackin' performance so far, and the slotted discs look much cooler than the OEM brembos B)

Indeed, that's where I got them fitted :) Crackin' performance so far, and the slotted discs look much cooler than the OEM brembos B)

:thumbs: on the above. I also run the same setup along with braided hoses. The feel over oem is far better and stoppin power is great when spirited driving. The only downside imo is alot of brake dust - suppose this can be expected. Just use a decent wheel wax and it cleans off fairly easily.

The only time a get a little break squeal is when just town driving for a few days using very light braking. This soon disappears when back on the open roads :teeth:

Agree with the above ^^^^ DBA 6 wiper grooved discs & DS2500 pads best combo for me. On both my previous Imprezza STi's they had the Std Brembo set up... not good ! on the first one I tried EBC Red stuff pads std discs they lasted no time, not much improvement but distroyed the dicscs quite sucessfully.

Changed to the above vast improvement and will fit the same on the Zed shortly because if you have to haul it up in a hurry standard isn't that great by comparason as I found out when some idot decided to turn right on a dual carrageway.... from the inside lane :doh:

Agree with the above ^^^^ DBA 6 wiper grooved discs & DS2500 pads best combo for me. On both my previous Imprezza STi's they had the Std Brembo set up... not good ! on the first one I tried EBC Red stuff pads std discs they lasted no time, not much improvement but distroyed the dicscs quite sucessfully.

Changed to the above vast improvement and will fit the same on the Zed shortly because if you have to haul it up in a hurry standard isn't that great by comparason as I found out when some idot decided to turn right on a dual carrageway.... from the inside lane :doh:

EBC discs :thumbdown: poo.

Yellow stuffs :thumbs: Excellent

I have tried many Brake combos including the DBAs & Ds2500s I found the Ds2500s a good pad until you get on track, they are quite a hard compound so wear the discs quickly & do not disperse heat very well. But put some YellowStuffs on with the DBAs & you will be fine :drive1

EBC discs :thumbdown: poo.

Yellow stuffs :thumbs: Excellent

I have tried many Brake combos including the DBAs & Ds2500s I found the Ds2500s a good pad until you get on track, they are quite a hard compound so wear the discs quickly & do not disperse heat very well. But put some YellowStuffs on with the DBAs & you will be fine :drive1

You really rate the yellow stuff pads? I didn't get on with them tbh at all, but they do say they're not suitable for drilled discs.