Locking nut SMASHED

Ruddles

As the title pretty much gives it away, cannot get my front right wheel off for the camber kit to go on as the nut is smashed completely (down to attempted wheel thievery, looks like it was smashed with a chisel) although still has enough to hold onto the hub.

Has anyone got any suggestions; thinking of going to local tyre place to get the bolt drilled out :headhurt:

http://www.dynomec.co.uk/

that should do it

this + 1000000

I went to visit the people that make this tool and I cannot believe they are not millionaires. The ease at which they can remove any locking nut is unbelieveable. I'm amazed that not every garage in the land hasn't bought one. No damage to the wheel what so ever.

If the only answers you get from garages etc is that they will need to chissel it off, walk away and phone this company.

try a double hex 10mm (i think it's 10 from memory) socket. it'll be a tight fit (you have to force it on) and you'll be able to undo it.

I had to do it once on one of the pool cars at work cause no one could find the locking wheel nut key when it had a puncture.

The only thing to be aware of is that you might not get the socket off the nut again.

It's definitely a drill / punch job! There's no possible way of getting a socket on it as there's basically nothing there anymore :wacko:

Imagine a wheel bolt with half the head missing :surrender:

I will be on the search for new new locking nuts, any recommendations, don't want cheapos, but I don't wanna spend a fortune.

Well just been into town and the tyre guy has the tools, but said it won't work and It looks like I'm going to have to get it drilled out :shrug:

The stud itself is on the Eibach spacer, so i suppose if I can get it drilled I just need a new stud to go on the spacer if it's possible...

Any thoughts welcome.

The tool that rtbuscuit linked to will remove that no problem.

When I spoke to the chaps who made them, they said the aa had placed an order for a few hundred, so there may be a friendly aa chap that can help?

The rac only have the reverse threaded sockets as far as I know.

Honestly, try and get your hands on one of the tools biscuit posted up.

The tool that rtbuscuit linked to will remove that no problem.

When I spoke to the chaps who made them, they said the aa had placed an order for a few hundred, so there may be a friendly aa chap that can help?

The rac only have the reverse threaded sockets as far as I know.

Honestly, try and get your hands on one of the tools biscuit posted up.

Thanks Chesterfield! :thumbs: I'll see if I can get hold of one, I have one or two friends who say they may have a tool to get the nut off.

@Husky: Hopefully, they'll get it off with the tool, save me replacing the spacer stud then, but if I have to go down that route hopefully it won't cost too much.