Front row seat, watched my car get SCraped

Airro

Well, around 4pm this evening, I decided to grab a quick bite at McDonalds.

Parked up, went to the counter, ordered, sat down right next to the window, excellent vision on my car.

It looked abit like this, X is witnesses car, Z is me

[x] [ ] [Z] <- my car

O

--l-- <-- Me

/\

Anyway, I see this Peugeot 806 doing some weird manoeuvres

He then decides to FORWARD park in to the bay, I watched him swing his car in slow motion, literally, he was going so slow, i thought he'd stop but he carried on till he made a long white mark denting the whole of the passengers side door.

Whole of McDonalds saw this, so he obviously admitted fault

Will be calling insurance tomorrow....

Not a good day...

I only just ordered a spoiler yesterday aswell :(

Lesson learnt: 1. never eat McDonalds 2. park atleast a 10 space free radius

Edit - Can't believe my typo in the heading, lol, I have fixed this. No one noticed this?

I share your pain.

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was an elderly gentleman. You got off easy. I deliberately parked next to a space that is used for pedestrians. Old geezer tried to get in that space, wasn't going to make it so instead of backing up proceeded to drive down my entire passenger side. Damage on the rear bumper, rear quarter panel, mirror, and front quarter panel. Thank god he missed my LM's. Since he's so close and now can't get out he drives forward into a playground and over gardens back to the main road. Then drives around and comes back into the carpark, picks up his misses and drives home. Imagine the shock of the 50 people at the restaurant he did it in front of. All while I'm waiting two doors down for fish n' chips .

Thanks to the friendly lawyers having dinner who promptly left their business cards and the geriatric's licence details I called the police who gave him a call at home. He admitted liability. It still didn't stop me dropping by the police station that night and filing a report against him for leaving the scene of an accident. End result he needed to go for licence check and a police endorsement that he loses it. Friends think I was harsh - I think I did the community a favour before he kills himself or someone else.

This post was longer than I expected. But thanks for letting me share. Nobody understands the pain that idiots cause :console: .

Sorry to hear about that Airro. Hope you get it sorted quick.

if i cant park miles away from everyone else i go somewhere else :blush:

Yep me too. Luckily my local Sainsys has a nice big car park for the weekly run there - I park right away from the store where it's always empty!

My girlfriend always complains we park at the back away from anyone else, this is why. I wont even go near tesco's unless its late at night.

I do the same, even taken to doing it with the Clio. Right in the far corner and I'm in and out like a shot. Luckily, most shoppers, in particular women, are quite happy driving round and round the car park to find a space right by the entrance, these are usually the sort of people that never put their trolley back. I'm usually parked and in ASDA before them. Night time is better for parking a bit nearer but I've been hit by a loose trolley (saw it happening as I walked back to the Zed :scare: ) and one night got pelted with eggs :angry: (in my wife's old Z4) as I left the car park.

Most people aren't worried about having their cars "doored", I often see top of the range BMW's and Mercs squeezed into parking slots with a shed either side of them, my wife's roadster was pockmarked with door marks before we bought it. Nissan fixed it for us and it turned out the previous owner was a lady driver....

Pete