More power!!

ben p

much better to buy a Zed where someone else has taken the financial pain.

Good advise.

That's what I did and it has saved me £k's.

The only thing is you don't get the satifaction of creating it, but then again you don't get the heartache either. So all things considered I decided that was the way to go.

FWIW - my advice would be sell your own Zed and buy (or at least test drive) an SC Zed that has all the money already spent on set-up (e.g. Ians) - it really takes quite a lot of effort (and beans) to get the Zed set-up properly for FI and running reliably.

My present Zed (Vortech SC with uprated fuel pump, injectors, APS plenum and oil sump, decat true-dual exhaust, Utec EMS inc mods like Tein coilovers & EDFC, uprated Nismo ARBs, JWT clutch & flywheel, Kaaz LSD, R888's, PF discs & uprated pads plus an amount of other mechanical and cosmetic mods) would cost an arm and a leg to bring a standard Zed to where mine is at but the difference to drive really is night and day. I would never recommend that anyone modify a Zed to the extent that Ians or P15ULT or my own Zed is at because for similar money you'd be most of the way to a R35 GTR - much better to buy a Zed where someone else has taken the financial pain.

+1 :lol:

+2 :blush:

FWIW - my advice would be sell your own Zed and buy (or at least test drive) an SC Zed that has all the money already spent on set-up (e.g. Ians) - it really takes quite a lot of effort (and beans) to get the Zed set-up properly for FI and running reliably.

My present Zed (Vortech SC with uprated fuel pump, injectors, APS plenum and oil sump, decat true-dual exhaust, Utec EMS inc mods like Tein coilovers & EDFC, uprated Nismo ARBs, JWT clutch & flywheel, Kaaz LSD, R888's, PF discs & uprated pads plus an amount of other mechanical and cosmetic mods) would cost an arm and a leg to bring a standard Zed to where mine is at but the difference to drive really is night and day. I would never recommend that anyone modify a Zed to the extent that Ians or P15ULT or my own Zed is at because for similar money you'd be most of the way to a R35 GTR - much better to buy a Zed where someone else has taken the financial pain.

+3

If u do decide to go nuts and spend a fortune it will break ur heart selling/stripping it! I spent over 30k on mods alone for my evo, car stood me over 44k and sold it for just under 19k every time i see it now i feel like crying :dummy:

• 6 months later...

Have to say having owned the zed for 6 months now Im in the same boat. love it to look at and how it sounds but from a sheer driveability point of view its a bit of a disappointment. In fact id go a bit further and say its a lot of a disappointment.

Ok to be fair the last car was a road/sprint 400/400 classic impreza so maybe not fair to compare but all the same the impreza before a conrod let go gave a grin every time i drove it on and off the road and on the road at legal speeds (well almost) and when I say almost I really do mean it.

I dont want another impreza not ever and dont want another evo either as quite frankly there proper money pits so the question really is do I just put up with the zed being soooooo slow or do what? I know that really also means suspension upgrades and if for example the zed was FI are the brembo's enough? Ive already seen that basic mods to the na engine really dont give much bang for your£ so already coming to terms with the fact the zed is not designed to be quick just to be nice to look at.

A wise man on here (zmanalex) once told me "buy factory fast" and I totally agree. Supercharging is fine but can also become a money pit, especially if you get problems. So IMO if you want your car to go faster then buy a faster car.

R

If your like me and very stubborn, I dont *plan* on ever selling my Z, so what money gets spent on it is for my pleasure and worth every penny! If you set yourself a limit for power etc (380bhp for me) then if you give yourself a little larger smile every day by spending a bit more dosh then why not :teeth:

Whos selling the SC for £2000 dont tempt me just yet!!!