Volk GTS Titanium Gunmetal fitted!

RisingPower

From that link i still think it does not look finished without a set of skirts.

Hmm, I may consider skirts at some point in the future, but I still think they'd only end up being a nightmare around here.

I don't think the Nismo skirts on mine are any lower than oem just come out further.My Varis lip clears the 2 speed bumps onto our estate with no probs and my car is lowered.

If they're not lower I may consider them. I know the amuse sides which were the ones I was looking at certainly looked lower.

Last time I checked there was literally maybe 0.5-1cm clearance max with the current skirts.

If anyone has any before/after pics of the nismo side skirts.....

See here, it doesn't look any lower:

MyZ_4.jpg

But here it does, using the oem side skirts part in the centre as a basis for guesstimating:

100_2542.jpg

img2927bb9.jpg

Shame the amuse ones are definitely lower:

amuse2.jpg

I can have a look tomorrow to see whether I have any more clearance with the volks, should do.

That top pic has the US Nismo skirts with bigger bulges.

Before

IMG_0795.jpg

After

IMG_0836.jpg

Hrmmf, maybe it just isn't any lower... In which case.... I'd be copying you (not that this is a bad thing) :p

See, ryanmac on my350z had carbon v2 side skirts, almost toying with that and the nismo v2 front w/carbon.....

350z0011.jpg

Thanks for that though, that pretty clearly shows they are the same height :thumbs:

Your mistaken if you think the zed is going to be easier to drive in the snow than the M3.................

It will probably be just as bad, but at least it has some weight over the rear axle.

I honestly don't think the Z will be any worse in the winter than an M3 with a broken RTAB in very heavy rain.

````````````````

Your mistaken if you think the zed is going to be easier to drive in the snow than the M3.................

It will probably be just as bad, but at least it has some weight over the rear axle.

I honestly don't think the Z will be any worse in the winter than an M3 with a broken RTAB in very heavy rain.

I've had both, spun the zed once and got stuck in Malvern in the snow. The M3 wasn't great in the snow but the zed was near impossible..............

I've had both, spun the zed once and got stuck in Malvern in the snow. The M3 wasn't great in the snow but the zed was near impossible..............

Hmm... I still find it difficult to see how massively different it'll be in the snow, but I haven't seen it in the snow yet.

TBH I found the M3 was perfectly fine in the snow aside from trying to get it up a very steep slope in a parking area which had quite a deep covering of snow. If I could get the M3 up a reasonable hill and park in the snow, is it really going to be much more difficult in the Z?

Honestly, on my way home last year, I pulled into a service station for a toilet break.

Car park was covered in snow and I had a hard time getting out.

Thank god for some friendly lorry drivers that offered to sit in my open rear hatch so I had traction.

I also had my boot filled with bags and stuff, so in real terms, the Zed doesn't have enough weight over the rear axle when it's faced with snow sadly.

Honestly, on my way home last year, I pulled into a service station for a toilet break.

Car park was covered in snow and I had a hard time getting out.

Thank god for some friendly lorry drivers that offered to sit in my open rear hatch so I had traction.

I also had my boot filled with bags and stuff, so in real terms, the Zed doesn't have enough weight over the rear axle when it's faced with snow sadly.

Hmm, so maybe bags of sand for winter?

To be fair, I live at near the bottom of a hill, if it can't make it up that, I won't be going any further, or trying.

Your wheels are looking good, although they were a little dirty :dry:

They did look B)

Thanks, they really need the final center cap though :lol:

Why do wheel packages come with only 3 centrecaps ? ......... mine did aswell

Dunno whether I should blatantly have a go at a certain company a certain trader had to do business with :p

If sarah wants to say something though :p