Fog Lights

spursmaddave

What is the deal with Fog Lights :shrug:

I even see old duffers in People Carriers driving round with their fog lights on :doh:

Was following a Celica on Sunday night and had not had a good day anyway.... he had Fog Lights on front AND rear, 2 bright red lights burning my eyes :headhurt: So I pulled up quite close and stuck my full beams on for a couple of minutes :blush:

Turned out he parked up right next to me and came over before I got out of the car... Asked me what my ****ing problem was and I politely pointed out that as it was a completely clear night and he had his fog lights on I was just taking precautions for the freezing fog that he obviously had predicted :lol:

I'm not usually like that but as I say had a terrible day and anyway once I got out and my son did too (he is 6'5") the guy mumbled something and walked off...

I'm glad the Zed doesn't have fog lights, no chance of it looking like a Chav mobile :p

if someone drives towards me with fogs on i turn my very strong full beams on. and leave them on till i've passed them.

i find a lot of fogs blind me when i'm heading towards a car with them on. so i like to return the favour.

I tend to do the same :thumbs:

if i had front mounted 50. cal cannons i'd use them.

If the fog lights are so bright I'm dazzled I'll often stop and let him pass (if safe, i.e: not on the motorway), I figure if I can't see and make it so he can't see we're fairly likely to drive in to each other!

i can see enough to drive but it doesn't make it easy. i know that in a court of law its not illegal to leave your main beams on by accident but it is against the law to have fog lights on when its not foggy. so it won't be my insurance company paying out if they drive into me.

if i ever get a Celica GT4 then i will set it up with a full rally style fog setup. and you'll know when i switch it on at night as entire villages will suddenly experiencve full daylight even in the middle of the night. :lol:

I was thinking like they have on some lorries. That's quite something when they flash you at night :thumbs:

Accompany with a fog horn and maybe they'd get the point?

Like this say:

if i ever get a Celica GT4 then i will set it up with a full rally style fog setup. and you'll know when i switch it on at night as entire villages will suddenly experiencve full daylight even in the middle of the night. :lol:

Ooooh you'd HAVE to have the full red+green Castrol livery though.

I was thinking like they have on some lorries. That's quite something when they flash you at night :thumbs:

Accompany with a fog horn and maybe they'd get the point?

Like this say:

i have an image of them flashing someone and that person just veering off and crashing in a ditch :lol: they are insanely bright!