Handling !!!

garygttdi

Hi guys I have a couple of points questions:-

I have a car now so how do I change my profile, as I am no longer a Z owner hopeful. Will try to post some pictures as well.

Had the car a week and at first I though oh hell what have I done I hated the way it drove and the fact the radio did not work and the tailgate will not stay open. Getting the issues sorted slowly so the niggles should reveal the true car I hope, HOWEVER!

The handling on anything other than a very smooth road surface is terrible, the car follows the truck lines and is all over the place, if I give it anything like the full beans its all over the place, the chassis appears not to be able to take the power. Think its positively dangerous, any thoughts, could it need the geometry setting up correctly?

Always driven front wheel drive so that may be some of it, frankly wish I was back in my Subaru, at least that cornered.

Keeping the faith for now, just!

:bang:

Go get your tyres and suspension checked and your alignment done :thumbs: What tyres are on there?

Even at optimum set up you will probably find it quite a rough rise after the scooby :shrug: But then they are completely diferent animals :)

You can get your boot stays re-gassed no probs too ;)

100+ posts & you will lose the hopefull,cant comment on the 370 but my 350 handles well,had a scooby & in slower tight bends the scooby is better,faster bends the 350 is a match,as for going back to a scoob the z is light years ahead,i found the scoobs are cheap & nasty,in the wet & 0-60 are the only + points,check quaility of tyres,4 wheel alignment,wheel offsets,the z takes getting use to but imo the best 30k sports car :thumbs:

a) It's a sports car not a rally breed like the Subaru so the ride's always gonna be a bit jarring

B) Are you really comparing a RWD car with 4WD?! :bangin: The Zeds a joy to drive but take your time to get used to it. Soon as I read your post had mental picture of you growling, throwing the Zed into a corner with the gas down and spining of the road. Treat her gentle, especially in anything other than dry roads.

Trust me, you'll live longer! :thumbs:

Like the guys are saying, just have to be a bit more gentle how you drive till you get use, I came from running Renault sport meganes and clios where you just throw them into a bend with out a care and out you come the other side all smiles, the Z you have to treat with respect or it will bite back :)