Nostril Installed!

evest

It's been sitting in the garage long enough - finally worked up the courage to cut my Zed!

The item was a cheapo one off Ebay so I had to make up my own template, but the fit is pretty good and I think it looks B)

I used a Dremel to cut out the hole, and the rest was easy.

Air%20Duct%20Install%20001.jpg

Air%20Duct%20Install%20002.jpg

Air%20Duct%20Install%20004.jpg

Air%20Duct%20Install%20005.jpg

Air%20Duct%20Install%20006.jpg

Just wondering whether to add one to the other side to make it symetrical,

Hope you likes it! :thumbs:

nice job :thumbs: i marked mine up with the template then took the rest of the afternoon building up the curridge to cut my genuine nismo bumper :scare: in the end i phoned a mate to come round and hold my hand while i did the cutting :lol:

:lol: That gave me laugh - wasn't quite sure if you meant a large helping of porridge or 'bottle' (courage) ;)

looks good, how does it fix is it with silicone or are those 4 screws around the outside?

also could you give the link to ebay shop where you got it from

thanks

I was supplied with 3M tape and the screws as well. The tape is handy for holding it in place while you drill the pilot holes for the screws.

I bought it here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-FAIRLADY-3 ... 3cb17217bc

Cheap as chips! I would say that it doesn't sit quite as flush to the bumper as some of the premium brands, but personally I'm satisfied with the results. Also - be aware that I had to make up my own template, but with a bit of time and care this isn't too difficult.

I'm emailing the seller to see if I can get one for the other side.

:thumbs:

know all about the tension building before cutting :lol: I ve also added a pipe to help air flow to the cone filter.Sounds awesome.Well worth doing m8.i ve also noticed its a little smoother when driving hard ;) Nice job m8 :teeth:

all in all imo its a worthy mod :teeth:

frontendbobsz.jpg

looks good, how does it fix is it with silicone or are those 4 screws around the outside?

also could you give the link to ebay shop where you got it from

thanks

I was supplied with 3M tape and the screws as well. The tape is handy for holding it in place while you drill the pilot holes for the screws.

I bought it here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-FAIRLADY-3 ... 3cb17217bc

Cheap as chips! I would say that it doesn't sit quite as flush to the bumper as some of the premium brands, but personally I'm satisfied with the results. Also - be aware that I had to make up my own template, but with a bit of time and care this isn't too difficult.

I'm emailing the seller to see if I can get one for the other side.

:thumbs:

brilliant, thanks

I ve also added a pipe to help air flow to the cone filter.

I was planning to do the same thing - what did you use to make it?

I think it would look better asymmetrical as it is - 1 on each side may look a little odd... but I'll await pictures before I judge.

I think I'll do some work on photoshop before I cut again! :lol:

I ve also added a pipe to help air flow to the cone filter.

I was planning to do the same thing - what did you use to make it?

used some flexi pipe a m8 had.Its the same stuff you get with the cheap ebay intake kits.need about 14inch of pipe work.works a treat. :teeth:

used some flexi pipe a m8 had.Its the same stuff you get with the cheap ebay intake kits.need about 14inch of pipe work.works a treat. :teeth:

Cheers matey! :thumbs:

OK, so here is roughly what it would look like with dual air ducts:

Dual%20Air%20Duct%20Install.jpg

Dual%20Air%20Duct%20Install%202.jpg

Opinions?

In my opinion, purely from an Aesthetic viewpoint, the asymmetrical single vent looks nicer. However we all have our own opinions, if you like it do it - there'd be no point in moding cars if everyone did it exactly the same!

I think I like the offset one as the other isn't really needed..

That depends if you have a dual intake or not. :p