looking for advice on a VICE <<<<<

andlid

:lol:

Trying all day today to either buy a vice or get someone that has a vice to lend it to me... with NO luck :shrug: I'll be needing one for tomorrow's diff work... I'm trying to figure out if I can use something else then a wise to do what I need to do... any ideas would be greatly welcomed since I've got a few ideas but all involve a bit...errh of experimenting to say the least :blush::lol:

Was thinking on using two tyres and push them together with the car and the wall :scare:

or

use a hydralic jack to push the diff against a wall / wall (with cloths wrapped around them...)

any other ideas that might involve something that'll actually work?!?

A

This is what I'm trying to achieve:

17.jpg

are you after a vice?

i saw vise and then wise but the pictures say vice ;)

how much compression do you require to hold the item? if you have to use a lot of force to twist/turn parts etc then really you'll need a vice. tyres will possibly roll out form each other. hydralic jack might do it, just becareful not to push the bicks of the wall out ;)

are you after a vice?

how much compression do you require to hold the item? if you have to use a lot of force to twist/turn parts etc then really you'll need a vice. tyres will possibly roll out form each other. hydralic jack might do it, just becareful not to push the bicks of the wall out ;)

:lol: feck sake, got confused looking online since people seem to like to spell it either way... knew it was vice I needed when I started off... :dance:

not sure what type of torq itll have to take... need to figure that one out Id say...

Have you tried any council tips / household waste centres? They always have second hand vice around here. I got a peach a couple of years ago for £10

thats not a bad idea at all... bet theyll keep it for themselves though might try the local around me before I get going...

I've got a spare dictionary if its any use anders? :p;)

tell that to the whole lot of people spelling it whatever way they want! got more hits on some of the selling sites misspelling it!!

tell that to the whole lot of people spelling it whatever way they want! got more hits on some of the selling sites misspelling it!!

And you would buy from a site that couldn't actually be bothered to ensure correct spelling?! :headhurt::lol:

Please don't do the two tyres thing that would just be daft! :bangin:

i thought everyone has a workbench lurking around in the garage somewhere. Very useful bits of kit.

just as confused as you mate that non of my closer friends have one... not many people over here has a garage though... it's always a converted garage to a bedroom, play room etc... :dry:

i'm starting to realise why the titanic sank

wasn't that built over in ireland?

:lol: NI you fecker...

btw wasnt the captain brittish? :p

Also B&Q don't stock vice's in Ireland... neither does Halford unless I wanted a hobby wodden one... ffs... and then I'd had to go to Carlow to pick it up... finally found a place that stocks vice's ...

Also B&Q don't stock vice's in Ireland... neither does Halford unless I wanted a hobby wodden one... ffs... and then I'd had to go to Carlow to pick it up... finally found a place that stocks vice's ...

i suppose its because the Vice is a key tool in making explosive devices; have they banned them all across ireland??? its a shame moddershave to suffer as other People misuse a tool. ;)

i suppose its because the Vice is a key tool in making explosive devices; have they banned them all across ireland??? its a shame moddershave to suffer as other People misuse a tool. ;)

You're getting into a deep puddle mate... :scare:

I'm Swedish so I call my right to be neutral = no comment... :dance:

Back under this Z! Love the diff work... yeah someone said it was p!ss easy... yeah right...

You're getting into a deep puddle mate... :scare:

I'm Swedish so I call my right to be neutral = no comment... :dance:

Back under this Z! Love the diff work... yeah someone said it was p!ss easy... yeah right...

don't worrry, i'm only pulling your leg; i don't think all irish people are terrorists :lol: i'm just amazed at how difficult it is to find a metal working VIce. i have loads at work, but thats no use to you.

as for the Diff work, its never easy :lol: but look forward to seeing the finished results

this diff is getting between and my rest, dinner!!! Got it out :D It's HEAVY!!! You need two people easy or a big strong viking to get it out ;) The lad in the US making the Quaife LSD install should be shot simples... I'll put together a proper guide after I'm finished... will be a while B)

Right tool for the job Anders.

A&E is full of people that said 'It's alright lads, this will definitely work' on a Sunday fternoon!

That went straight over my head... after all that I've had to call it quits :( LSD DIFF 1 - Andlid 0 :console:

Can't get one of the axles off :byebye: