Andlid Progress Thread,

andlid

Its about time you returned :p

Holy return batman!!!!

Hey Anders how is it with you fella? Good to see you updating on your progressðŸ‘.

The only thing I can add is wrt the crankcase venting. If you have issues with high pressures or you want to get the best venting possible and completely oil free charge air then you should not hesitate torun with 2 mini filters VTA and drilling the driver side PCV. This solved the issue I had with smoking at high load/WOT when I was supercharged and running about 15psi at full boost. I have continued to VTA even returning to NA temporarily and the car runs great. I have a one way valve between the pcv and filter on the drivers side so it can only vent but just a mini-filter on the rear passenger pcv with no one way valve so it can breathe fresh air into the crankcase or vent at WOT.

I was very concerned with oil vapour smell coming into the car but this is very rare and typically happens after sitting slow traffic for a long time then accelerating or on a slow cool down lap slowing after a major beasting. I suspect this happens because the passenger side vent is close to the cabin air intake. This can be sorted by locating the mini-filter away from there.

The second issue is that you can get a very slight film/drops of oil around the minifilters but this I easily cured by instaling the filters upright with a 90deg elbow or preferably a baffled occ between the vent and the filter.

Edited by GT4 Zed

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time you returned :p

Holy return batman!!!!

Hey Anders how is it with you fella? Good to see you updating on your progressí ½í±.

The only thing I can add is wrt the crankcase venting. If you have issues with high pressures or you want to get the best venting possible and completely oil free charge air then you should not hesitate torun with 2 mini filters VTA and drilling the driver side PCV. This solved the issue I had with smoking at high load/WOT when I was supercharged and running about 15psi at full boost. I have continued to VTA even returning to NA temporarily and the car runs great. I have a one way valve between the pcv and filter on the drivers side so it can only vent but just a mini-filter on the rear passenger pcv with no one way valve so it can breathe fresh air into the crankcase or vent at WOT.

I was very concerned with oil vapour smell coming into the car but this is very rare and typically happens after sitting slow traffic for a long time then accelerating or on a slow cool down lap slowing after a major beasting. I suspect this happens because the passenger side vent is close to the cabin air intake. This can be sorted by locating the mini-filter away from there.

The second issue is that you can get a very slight film/drops of oil around the minifilters but this I easily cured by instaling the filters upright with a 90deg elbow or preferably a baffled occ between the vent and the filter.

All good here mate, thanks for the venting info, will be goind down that route for sure. Without me having to measure do you know the diameter of each filter you used? Some filters have a little baffle at the bottom sorting out the drip drop Im guessing ;) Did get some info from the US that some people route it down under the engine so it doesnt go into the cabin :)

• 1 year later...

Ok, so what happened in here? Nothing much! Other priorities took over. Bought a house last year and almost "Lost" the Z! Managed to hold on but barely and this year looks to be a hard one for the Z...

Other news?

New Akebonos fitted! (almost) waiting for some rear handbrake items from here actually hoping to get this all sorted this weekend, waiting for this snow to go away too!

Started to build my new swirl/header tank pot thingy my jiggy. Will wait and see if this sorts the splurting water issue with APS.

Looking to get a custom intake to replace the SSV kinetix mani. | more news to come here shortly I hope.

After MOT this year goodies will be installed *I hope... priorities this year is to drive, drive, drive, track! :D

2016-03-08-19-37-20_image.jpeg

Currently it looks like above, AN fitting to the pipe after some slight modifications. Lower pipe to go to the lower hose on the radiator, one of the top ones from the radiator *previously gone to the expansion tank the other top one will go to the old expansion tank. Hoping to see this improve the splurting, air in the system. :D

The turbo hose will connect to the AN. *if it fits :D

Andlid !

i haven't seen you in like 6 years,

remember this day lol

i see you moved away, and WOW just read through this whole thread, that's some amount of work done :)

I remember! haha, things happened since then! how are you keeping?

Wow anders, it's taken you over a year to build s swirl tank mate :lol: :lol:

Glad you graced us with your presence and update of your journey with the zed 👊
Keep it coming..

Thanks dude, I know mad right lol... slow progress... hahaha

Andlid !

i haven't seen you in like 6 years,

remember this day lol

i see you moved away, and WOW just read through this whole thread, that's some amount of work done :)

I remember! haha, things happened since then! how are you keeping?

i keeping well, hope you're good too :)

• 1 month later...

So got the lady out on a track this weekend, 7th of May Kinnekulle Ring, pretty fun track although pretty short but technical enough to make it interesting... a bit too interesting when my camber arm snapped on me and threw me off track.

Clip here:

(started in the "slow" group wanted to test out the akebono setup and get a feel for the car and learn the lines... turned out it wasnt that slow of a group!)

Got tutoring by a well known profile and started getting proper lines before my little off.

Currently sourcing new arms all corners since the Chinese crap that has been used up til now doesn't seem to last very well. Anyone know if the driftworks kit is holding up? SPL would be the choice if the pockets said yes :lol:

Im hoping its only the one arm thats broken and nothing else, had little time to look the car over (had 300km back home) so managed to source a place to store the car and sort her out later on. :wacko:

Hi mate. Im on driftworks camber arms. They look and feel very stout! Not a good as spl but cheapssss

good enough for me!

>in basket, checkout imminent, did you get instructions on how to set the camber etc? Sounds handy enough to dial in a few degrees on track then change it for the road.