Rev Limiter (when cold)

shunter

Does the 350 alter the rev limiter when cold? I don't usually hammer it straight after startup, but on the odd occasion I have it seems to hit a low rev limiter for the first few minutes.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Remind me never to buy your car!

I have never heard of the Ecu lowering the rev limiter when the engine is cold.

Does the 350 alter the rev limiter when cold? I don't usually hammer it straight after startup, but on the odd occasion I have it seems to hit a low rev limiter for the first few minutes.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

My first and only thought is why hammer it when cold at all... :shrug:

+1 :scare: poor zed!

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Remind me never to buy your car!

I have never heard of the Ecu lowering the rev limiter when the engine is cold.

My 172 does that. sometimes even after 15 - 20 mins the engine will let you take it to 6500 then try again it goes to 7250 :drive1

The only car I know of with a moving red line is the M3.... when cold the limit is around 3-4K so I understand then, the dial changes the red line limit as the temp rises...... Nice touch..... shame its a M3 :lol:

I'm not going to bite this time :lol:

Go on you know you want to, M3 drivers are rarely that reserved :lol:

Used to happen on a couple of FTO's I owned - good safety feature on a cold engine - esp one that requires high revs (my FTO span to 8250prm). Didn't know that it was ever a feature on the Zed though from looking at how long it takes for the engine oil to reach temp (oil temp gauge/not water temp gauge peeps) I'd always be very careful about revving the engine while cold.

had that on Type-R's as well iirc, they generally only have it on very high revving engines though so doubt the zed will have one!

my maser had it ... it revved at 7500.

on hit it a couple of times by mistake.

if the zed had one it would have been it the manual?