Thread Deleted?

Has a thread i put up last night about a run in with a Toyota Starlett been deleted?

It seems to have disappeared without a trace.

Didnt mean to get myself or anyone in trouble,but would like to know for future reference. :blush:

I was looking for a thread that someone posted up about camera techniques after Shires photo thread and I can't seem to find that now either.

Perhaps I'm just being blind though...

Do they make brail internet forums?

The toyota thread was removed. Racing with other cars on public roads isn't something we wish to promote or condone. :thumbdown:

The photography thread was was temporarily removed while member traders permission was being addressed :)

I read it too.............was a bit chavvy and not really stuff the site would want to promote I would have thought.....

Yes in the cold light of day,so to speak,it may have been abit boy racerish and stupid,and i understand that it may have been removed.

Is it not possible however to just just drop someone a quick PM and say that its not really the done thing etc etc?

Not wanting to cause a big issue out of it,just thinking about letting people know when they go against the forum.

I did glance over it and didn't find it too bad as all you said is it kept up then you wimped out, the right thing to do!

However I don't agree with the mod's having to PM everyone about everything that's deleted if it was a debatable topic you probably know about it and taking the time to PM everyone over every change would tripple the time of the volunteers that are just trying to keep things within the guidlines.

Don't feel stupid mate, I don't really know what the fuss is about. At the end of the day the zed would have had a 1.2 l engine if it was to be driven at 30 mph everywhere. You were on a dual carrigeway not a highsteet. I know I'm always curious wot other cars are capable of :shrug:

I'm gonna put it straight and say when reading it all thought was, what a fanny.

There's no doubt, the zed isn't the fastest car in the world. Of course these small cars with 200hp per ton will keep up with u to the top end. But you know which one I'd rather be driving. I wish people would stop taking the bait of these delinquent youths driving rocket powered rusty handbags and grow up. It's fine having a little blast for fun, yep have a discussion with a few people, but don't post up a thread about it as if it's a big thing. At the end of the day you've put yourself in the firing line. There's no excuse for acting like a fanny. Not jus the other day one of our members had a tragic accident and the last thing the club wants to show is our members street racing. Take it to the track with the big boys.

No wonder you're feeling embarrassed.

As already said,i do feel abit silly,and i do think that i could have atleast worded the thread better to sound less like an idiot.

Im fully aware of the young lad who died recently while driving,and I certainly dont wish to follow in his foot steps. Iv already stated that it was abit silly,and already stated that I bailed out when things started to get out of hand. Im not an idiot,and while i understand that racing on any roads is not condoned on the forum,or on the roads,who can honestly say that they have NEVER had abit of a race with another car on the road,regardless of what car its in or with?

I totally agree that posting it up on the forum was silly,as i know all sorts of authorities monitor these sites,and i have learnt my lesson from this. I dont want to alienate myself from the site,iv seen it happen way too often,as i think that the people here are a real nice helpful bunch,and id like to come to meets etc,and feel welcomed.

The toyota thread was removed. Racing with other cars on public roads isn't something we wish to promote or condone. :thumbdown:

+1 And for the record i deleted it. To be fair i should have pm,d you but it was very early this morning when i removed it. But it also must be made clear that threads like these are frowned upon deeply by the team and under the cloud of recent sad events they will get removed quickly without much thought or reason given to the OP. :)

Thankyou Colin you beat me to it.