Best car ever...

AndySpak

Hello everyone,

I know I've not been very active on here recently but I do come in and lurk every now and then. However after 3 whole years of Zed ownership, it finally came to an end this month when I traded it in.

I have been delighted by the whole Zed ownership experience and I wanted to pass on my thoughts about this wonderful car.

I bought a 2004 (54-plate) GT when it was exactly 3 years old in September 2007. It had 30,000 miles on the clock then and when I traded it in a few weeks ago, it had 84,000. With the exception of some dodgy welding where my back box joins the centre-pipe, the car hasn't missed a beat and I had a smile on my face for every one of the 54,000 miles that I drove in it. (Bizarrely, the problem I had with the exhaust back in December 2007 was the reason I found out about this forum. M13KYF spotted a question I posed on the official forum :yuck: asking for advice and when I met him to buy his old back box he invited me to join the site).

In addition to the exhaust back box, I had 5 services in the time I had the car, I bought 4 discs, 6 sets of pads (front ones twice), and 4 new tyres. They were the only expenses I had other than fuel, probably no more than £2000 in total - which is far less than I budgeted for. :)

I would thoroughly recommend the Zed to anyone thinking of buying one. If you are new to this site, or even just a lurker gathering information before making a purchase, you should definitely take note of some of the excellent advice that can be had from this community. I only attended one meet, Wales'09, but it was fantastic and if I'd had the chance, I would definitely have liked to attend more (If my relatives would stop christening children on Zed meet dates Beavis!). Some of my favourite Zed memories came from that day in Wales last May. Driving through Betws-y-Coed watching pedestrians count the cars, taking pictures of the cars parked outside the pub, all in line and of course the fabulous roads :drive1

The only reason I have changed is because I like change... This however was a difficult thing to do. I test drove a number of cars recently and I have to say, I rejected some vehicles that I always considered would be quite a good next car purely because after test driving them, I got back in my Zed and it felt miles better (Audi S4 especially!). If anyone is looking at high miler cars, I would say that if its got a good service history, you will probably get yourself a cracking motor. I am confident mine will give its new owner many more miles of smiles.

I'm not saying goodbye, but here are a few of my fave Zed pics:

My Car

DSCF0083.jpg

The Zed Park in Wales

DSC02634.jpg

The Zed Road

IMG_1099.jpg

And no matter what anyone says, Azure is DEFINITELY the fastest colour ;)

Sorry, I meant to add that bit. After almost buying another Zed (because I couldn't find any cars I liked more than it) I test drove this and immediately parted with silly amounts of cash:

IMG_1168.jpg

Very nice...

I might get shot for this.............There were a gaggle of porkers staying at The White Waters Hotel in Llangollen this weekend.

They did the Evo on friday afternoon and were stuck for somwhere to drive on Saturday.

Because my make Mark is the Bar Manager there, I got a phone call to ask me to suggest some roads/routes for them.

Of course I said NO................. and then I hepled them.

Hope this does not get me a :ban:

I did tell them that zeds are faster and sexyeeeerrrrr.

I did tell them that zeds are faster and sexyeeeerrrrr.

did they all laugh at you :lol:

Yep they did :lol: , some guy in a 60 reg caymen S thingy said it was quicker than a zed :shrug: .

But they did say thanks for helping them. :) (don't know if they got lost though ;) )