Garage near Twickenham

Dragonball

Not sure about wilsons charges but abbeys p3 service was £75 cheaper than main dealer,imo they know more about the 350 than nissan main dealers,its a very personal service with abbey & they are very helpfull if you need to pick there brains,they are my first port of call.

How much per hour are they charging now? When I had my R33 they charged about a grand to use the loo

We are still cheaper than any Nissan dealer and we do know the cars, £70-50 inc vat an hour in the workshop and £98-88 inc vat an hour in the dyno.

We are still busy with Skylines still get a lot of cars that have been to cheaper workshops to have a job done and then they come to us to be sorted 100%. But beggers cant be chossers you get what you pay for in this world , cheap jobs aren't the best way forward.

Whats up with the clutch? pedal sticking down? or going spongy?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Mark - undobtedly you pay cheap - you pay twice!

Clutch smells cooked now - so prob full job - although there was a very large plastic sheet that got caught under the car and will have stuck to exhaust - so hoping it may have been this - but need it looked at to tell me yes or no...

Very nice people down at Nissan Shepperton

Mike their top service bloke took it for a test with me and nothing untoward..

...then looked underneath...huge great wodge of plastic film on the exhaust from the plastic sheet - and I have not used it enough to burn it off... so that's where the smell from

My bank balance breathed a sigh of relief...

Rates now £85.60 per hour - to which i pointed out I don't mind if I get the top bloke on to any problem I have - but seriously object to paying for some acned NVQ youth!

:)

suprised about Nissan Shepperton, they are the one on the round about next to the petrol garage right? They didnt once call or email me back when i tried to book a service. They also have very ropey (over priced) looking cars on the forecourt... (from when i was looking for my zed).

But interesting to hear they were good.

As your car is outside the (normal) 3 year warranty you would be best off going to an independent who knows about the 350's and as has been suggested, you will generally get a better job done and not at the OTT dealer prices.

I know you have asked about a garage near Twickenham, but a relatively short trip down the M3 to junc 3 will find you TGM sport at Fleet - see:

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/

Ask for Tom - he knows the 350's very well and although their reputation was built around racing Hondas I, and numerous other members here, have found they do a really quality job at reasonable prices. ;)

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to add to this. I've just been on the phone with Tom at tgmsport- really friendly and knowledgable chap. I'm getting my p2 service done on my 04 350z in the next two weeks so I will certainly post my impressions to just update this thread a bit!

They have quoted me £240 including the fully synth oil, which I reckon is a bargain. The service will include break fluid and coolant changes as well. Could you ask for more? :)

Now I just have to live through those nervous few hours of waiting while the car's in the garage. I can afford the service and MOT but if there's anything wrong in there... :byebye:

As your car is outside the (normal) 3 year warranty you would be best off going to an independent who knows about the 350's and as has been suggested, you will generally get a better job done and not at the OTT dealer prices.

I know you have asked about a garage near Twickenham, but a relatively short trip down the M3 to junc 3 will find you TGM sport at Fleet - see:

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/

Ask for Tom - he knows the 350's very well and although their reputation was built around racing Hondas I, and numerous other members here, have found they do a really quality job at reasonable prices. ;)

Took mine there, they did a really quality job at a very reasonable price so I can vouch for that!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to confirm- took my Z to TGM sport on 25/11/11.

They did a great job- I'm very happy and will be using them from now on. Spotted that I'd run my Brembo front pads down in just a year :( Tom did everything he could to save me money though- he could quite readily have put my wheels back on and charged me again in 1500 miles when the pads really would have been down to nothing..

They did forget to put my car in for its MOT until the very last minute, but I forgot my bloody locking wheel nut for half the day :bang: so I guess we're even :)