Insurance 350Z GT

AMT

Ok, as I explained in my wee (yeah I'm Scottish... lol) welcoming thing on the intro threads, I'm looking to get a silver 350Z GT. I'll be ready to go around mid-march just after the snow has left my god forsaken town lol. This is a long winded one so bare with me :D

On March i'll be 25, i've been roughly simulating this with insurance quotes, by bringing my age year back to make me 25 to get rough ideas.

So.... I'm 25 in March, 3 and half yrs driving (i spent most of my time drunk as a student lol), 0 NCB (due to an idiot at a roundabout and insurance that cant decide who hit who...despite me being in the left lane! :rant: ) and 3points for SP30 speeding.

The cheapest quotes being generated are Admiral so far... £2400 (thats by putting the excess to £750... horrific I know but keep with me, I'm buying one of these cars regardless lol). i've seen a few younger people getting not bad quotes on here, so anyone recommend?

I see theres two insurance companies on here also... any way of giving a rough quote if i give details (obviously bring back my age to make it 25)? Thing is I renew my 2006 2.0 Hyundai Coupe in november, I'm leaving...cos' their horrific, but the thing is, I want it to be decent so that when I change to a 350Z it isn't a horrid amount more. to give you an idea... I've been getting £1400 for the coupe with Admiral, when I'm 25 Admiral will do the Z for £2400. Annoyingly if I hadn't got banged into or caught speeding it'd be......wait...1400 (and to give you an idea...this is cheap for me lol). Anything under £2000 in total... eg... 1400 coupe then whatever plus to change it to the Z is good for me. ... help? lol

Thanks much

AMT

i got a quote from sky today and they were about a tenner cheaper than any other quote i've had. I'm going to try knott's tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

I've always heard that 1 ticket makes no difference but like you i've had the experience of my premiums going up as a result.

Ah well, let us know how you get on. Any rough examplesof quotes welcome, if your kinda close to my situation lol The main ones I see on the site are the two main companies that are on here and...bells Never heard nor tried em lol. Just don't go to ecar...thier cheap for a reason :D

Thanks

AMT

my insurance went up by a third this year, through absolutely no fault of my own.

I'm with Highway insurance through Greenlight, who were still the cheapest I tried. Chris Knott also use Highway for modified cars, so they couldn't beat the quote.

They told me if you don't have a year's experience with a powerful rwd you'd struggle to get a decent quote.

I have never, ever, got a reasonable quote through a price comparison site (and you get endless mithering from the companies that will actually quote)

£1000? That would fantastic. I'll prob try their website and call them for the Coupe's renewal in November, then make sure I will be able to change the car over to another in March, hopefully without any nasty add on amounts. I'm stunned, if thats true your details...£1000 is amazing. BUT... its in the details.. I would set my miles 19K a year (i like to use my car not let it hibernate for half a year lol) and also it sits on the street, well a car park in general. But if other people have been saying Admiral are cheap (ive saw a few quotes over the site and from mates with Admiral), I'll prob go for them, or at least see what they can do.

Thanks!

AMT

I'm with elephant and my insurance is only £407 for the year. For some reason adding my wife to it (although she never drives the zed) lowered the premium. Have a garage but dont use it but I am 30 with 10 years no claims and a clean licence, neither sky or Chris knott could even come close to that.

I would say try putting your wife, GF even mum on the insurance and see how much it is lowered by, just means they can drive it, not that they will

£1000? That would fantastic. I'll prob try their website and call them for the Coupe's renewal in November, then make sure I will be able to change the car over to another in March, hopefully without any nasty add on amounts. I'm stunned, if thats true your details...£1000 is amazing. BUT... its in the details.. I would set my miles 19K a year (i like to use my car not let it hibernate for half a year lol) and also it sits on the street, well a car park in general. But if other people have been saying Admiral are cheap (ive saw a few quotes over the site and from mates with Admiral), I'll prob go for them, or at least see what they can do.

Thanks!

AMT

My insurance has always been good. It's down to your area aswell. I was 19, 0 no claims bonus, a crash a yr and half before when first past, insured my cooper works mini for 1200 then when I turned 20 it dropped to 680.

My mileage on the zed is @ 5k so urs will always be more expensive. My zed was only 1200 when I was 21 and the the 5k crash 3 months before it with 0no claims. Both my cars are insured with admiral and elephant which on effect is the same company.

Oh I added my mum and dad too and from the original price for myself the cost dropped more than 1k :drive1

I'm with elephant and my insurance is only £407 for the year. For some reason adding my wife to it (although she never drives the zed) lowered the premium. Have a garage but dont use it but I am 30 with 10 years no claims and a clean licence, neither sky or Chris knott could even come close to that.

I would say try putting your wife, GF even mum on the insurance and see how much it is lowered by, just means they can drive it, not that they will

Just tried the 'Compare the meerkat'... and put both parents on the insurance and it dropped by almost £500! happy days! I know what i'm doing when it's renewal time :p

Can I still get my NCB though? :shrug:

Definatly gonna look into these companies, Admiral seems to be okish, I put in a quote last night on their own site without a comparison website... £2100, cheaper but only by about £300. Right enough it will sit on the street and it will be around 19,000 miles a year lol. But I will try round, plenty of time anyway, not until march remember, its not worth getting the Z yet when my town is santa's grotto for a good bit of winter lol Thanks for all the help guys tho, still checking your comments! :teeth:

AMT

Bloody hell I'm 29 (6yr ncd) and with my girlfriend (24) as a named driver its only £600ish with Elephant.

I'd never ever pay more than a grand for insurance! you must be nuts.

Try a company called A-Plan, they did me cheap quotes on an S2000 that is a very high risk car.

Might be nuts but I like my cars and unfortunatley its the only way to get the car, it'll never be under £1500 until im 50 probs haha. I dunno, Although - the names your mentioning are cheaper, or getting there, tried bell... who are owned by Admiral yet bell were £200 cheaper (doing on the web) on the Z and also £100 cheaper with my Hyundai Coupe, so will definatley be calling Sky and Chris Knott just before november for the coupes insurance see if I can get it cheap and also see if they can give me an idea for the Z in march.

AMT

• 2 weeks later...

Well its here, my insurance is up on the 3rd November (I think :dry: ) so now lookin' for someone to insuranc the coupe then change to the Z in march, if ANYONE is near my circumstances; 25 (in march), 0NCB, 1 accident both parties at fault, and 1 speeding ticket SP30, driving for 3 and half years, ...please let me know who your with, I hate hunting for car insurance... vile, I'll try the two on here and bell etc.

Thanks

AMT

• 2 weeks later...