Fitting Veilside Rear Wing

rothers2901

Hi all.

Advice and opinions welcomed.

I bought this genuine rear wing from a fellow member the other week and intend to fit it sometime soon. At the moment it is in the prep stage and just waiting for the nod from a friendly sprayer to get 5 minutes to give it the once over.

Im not into heavy modification but subtle chnges. I must admit that i do like the look of the rear wing even without the wide body. Any advive on fitting or other pointer wecolmed.

Rothers2901

RearWing001.jpg

RearWing003.jpg

RearWing004.jpg

RearWing002.jpg

RearWing005.jpg

RearWing006.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Just like a child at christmas i have already had it on the boot and it fits perfectly . Just as a point of interest there are two mounting screw underneath. Would tape hold the wing on its own or would it be benificial to secure the wing with the screw also. Obviously fitting the wing with the screw would involve drilling the boot lid which idealy i would like to avoid.

Martin, a couple of things as I wasn't there when you picked it up;

The holes are the outer ones used by the oem spoiler - I'd defo use the holes as the tape was easy to remove - it was the glue that was a t*@t. I certainly wouldnt feel confident with just tape.

Also for the clear coat on the CF I would get hold of some marine clear coat restorer as the oxidation will return after a while. I was using Maguire's scratch x which keeps it away for a while but does return.

Finally, take the counterweight out of the boot lid - there is a guide on here somewhere I think - I lost count of the times the boot closed on my nut before doing that :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

Im not into heavy modification but subtle changes.

spoiler001.jpg

From that to this..... I'd say that's a little more than subtle! Least to say the Veilside FULL wide body kit is not subtle... Bold move - and enjoy!!

spoiler007.jpg