bumper air intake vent...now fitted with pics

buster

I've done it! Nerve racking ain't the word!!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39044&hilit=bumper+duct

I did mine for aesthetic reasons really and have to say I havn't noticed anything performance wise..... i would imagine it might help slightly with intake temperatures.....

I had to make my own template (as can be seen in the photo's) then used a Drill, a Dremel and when it got too late to use powertools (started at about 9.30pm :blush: ) a penknife.... lol

Best advice is to start small and gradually make it bigger..... (said the actress to the bishop :lol:)

Jak

I did it on both my Zeds - I figure there can't be any harm in adding more cold air to the filter area - esp as its not a straight run so there's no water ingress.

First Zeds CAI on a standard bumper to a popcharger (& Kinetix plenum to RSR exhaust) -

SEP08backup126.jpg

Present Zeds CAI on an Amuse front to the Supercharger induction -

MiscZed011.jpg

Has anyone measured the intake temps with these fitted?

I'm curious as with the Vortec fitted to mine I can only imagine its sucking in hot air from the engine.

I'm not a lover of the look but if it helped my Zed breath easier I would consider it.

Is the top edge of the vent not supposed to be parallel with the top edge of the bumper, or is it just the light misleading in those photos? Looks like the top-right corner is closer to the bumper edge than the top-left IYSWIM.

think its the light.......theres always one :lol: