your opinion on iPhone 4

bounty78

My pay monthly contract is due for renewal next month. :yahoo: I have been doing some research on the iphone 4 but i am still a lil confused :wacko: Can anyone with iphone 4 please tell me if the googlemap on iphone 4 gives you turn by turn voice navigation? :shrug: If not, is there a way of downloading the app for free. I know the googlemap on HTC desire does. And it's free. I am torn between the two handsets. I have been getting mixed reply regarding the satnav feature from vodafone and Carphone Warehouse shops. How could u sell a phone for a living and not know much about them :wacko:

What's wrong with the iphone? :blush: I am not too keen on sony ericsson..have had one in the past didn't quite do it for me

My Mrs has the Iphone, forever crashing, shutting down, making calls on its own....

My Xperia IMO is far superior and has the satnav built-in, which is turn by turn and even has sat image overlay. Works great. I just think iphone is a ladies phone, but no doubt will be shot too bits with that comment. Oh well.. Bovered? :lol:

What about the HTC desire? Anyone has any experience with them? Apparently the battery life is poor :thumbdown:

Wasnt there a quote somewhere that the HTC was going to be the iPhone killer? I love the look of that phone, but as you mentioned the battery life put me off.

iPhone does not have a turn by turn navigation pre installed but there are many app's giving you that, although you will have to pay for the bigger ones such as TomTom.

There's no real point having a fan boy thread with everyone slagging off the others phones, there are pro's and con's to every phone. Best bet is to actually find someone with the phones your interested in and have a good old play with them - that's how I decided.

iPhone does not have a turn by turn navigation pre installed but there are many app's giving you that, although you will have to pay for the bigger ones such as TomTom.

There's no real point having a fan boy thread with everyone slagging off the others phones, there are pro's and con's to every phone. Best bet is to actually find someone with the phones your interested in and have a good old play with them - that's how I decided.

One of my mates has a HTC desire and he said the battery is terrible, he goes everywhere with his charger. I don't actually know of anyone with iphone 4 hence the reason for starting the thread. :wacko: Just wanted to know if u could get free satnav app on the iphone 4. I don't actually want to be paying for the TomTom app purely because i have the Nurrish satnav on my Zed anyway. It's useful to have satnav features on my mobile when i am driving something else.

you can get anything for free if you look hard enough ;)

:shrug: how do u do that though? I think there is googlemap on iphone 4 but it doesn't gives u turn by turn voice navigation. Oh..btw..no bickering between iphone and non-iphone users please. I started the thread to get an overview from people who is actually using iphone 4 at the moment :thumbs:

Some tips on extending the battery life of the desire here

http://sefanboy.com/2010/09/05/how-to-i ... ncredible/

Dont know if this theory works :shrug:

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:

1.Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2.Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3.Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

Ok, this is strange tricks, but many people said that it’s really works!

my wife has the HTC Desire, sed it heavily in phils last 2 weeks and no problems with battery even though she was in facebook a lot of the time.

I've turned off bluetooth and active wallpapers so i think that's made a lot of difference :thumbs:

Maccaman and Madmarky have theis phone too, try PMing them for input.

as for the iPhone, it's from apple :thumbdown: (can we have a "Burn it with Fire" emoticon?)

+1 well said!

I have Iphone 4, and I love it, simples...

what do u have to do to get the free satnav app..any idea :shrug:

Jailbreak! Thats the only way! I jail broke my 3G and could get anything for free!! I havent done it with my 4 because im happy with it. My iPhone 4 time hasent been smooth though! I've had problems with backing up and wiping everything off my phone and that upset me a little but i think thats all due to some of the "free" software i downloaded!

I couldn't go back to any other phone after using the iPhone!

I've still got my iPhone 3G, did have an iPhone 4 pre-ordered but when i went to collect it couldn't face paying $600 for a phone :wacko: My contract is now only $15 a month and didn't really want to be paying $30-35 for 2 years (which works out as still paying over 500quid for the phone). The GPS on the 3G is pretty rubbish compared to my TomTom, and also it drains the battery in a matter of hours, i think the iPhone 4 has better GPS, but personally i think a even a cheap TomTom does the job much better.

Still my iPhone 3G is amazing, really dont know how i use to get by without it, i think the HTC Desire is pretty good too, i wouldnt buy one simply cos i've been brainwashed by Apple. Best thing to do is try both phones, and get the one that works for you the best (i wouldn't bother picking one over the other based puerly on their GPS apps) :thumbs: