sheds be gone!

LRF4N

i cant get my head around this shed craze.....

i completely understand not wanting to add on high miles to ur bloved zed or not wanting to drive a show car to do ur groceries.... or some ppl who cant afford the petrol/running costs and using the zed as a weekend car..... but theres so many half decent cars sub 1k in the uk which look half decent and u can rely on and that u wouldnt be embarrassed driving lol

heres a few examples

toyota celica

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

toyota mr2

bmw e36 coupe

civic coupe

hyundai coupe

hyundai accent coupe 1.30 cheap to run

granted some need tax and mot etc but just few examples i could go on all day

whos with me on my mission to burn all sheds??

I can see where you're coming from dude but i can also see the shed's side of the argument.

After the month i have had with dints, curbs, repairing etc... I'm a wreck! I dont think i've ever been so emotional about something that doesn't talk, breath or live! I use my Zed as an every day car and i can totally see the appeal about having a shed to run around in! Curbs petrify me now, car parks turn me into the hulk and my wallet has taken a battering! I even considered getting rid after i caught the curb! :(

chris i think you need some rim protectors, speak to husky, he just fitted some and is very happy.

as for the shed thing, i buy a car to drive, whats the point of having a nice car and then leaving it at home. mines my daily driver come rain or shine.

yes its annoying to see a dent, but at the end of the day; and i hate to say this, it is just a car after all. at the end of the day its other peoples money and they can spend it how they wish.

chris i think u need to stop driving into kerbs that always works a treat lol :lol:

i agree rich, cars should be driven no point in spending all that money to have it sitting gathering dust

like i said i completely understand some ppl's circumstances where they need a shed but my point is why buy a shed when u can buy a nice car for the same price? why join the banger brigade lol

I don't see the point in having a second car. I bought the Z cause i wanted one badly and use it every day (even for a trip to the supermarket). I've had it about 6 months now and have already racked up 16K :)

Will be keeping it for another 10 -15k then I'll decide on what to get next.

My choices for around Feb -April next year are

370z

C30 (diesel or petrol)

A3 (diesel)

Golf (diesel)

XF (if I feel old enough)

We'll see what mood I'm in when it's time to chop in the Z.

Burn all sheds!

I've thought about keeping the Zed as a second cars loads of times for the same reasons as everyone else. Thing is I keep thinking about why I bought the Zed in the first place - because I'd had enough of driving around in the crap, uncomfrotable, boring, un reliable sheds and having a nice car parked on my drive. Seemed a bit backwards really. At the end of the day, it's only a car, use ot for what it was intended too and make the most of it - who knows what will happen tomorrow.

However, the anti-shed list at the top of this thread didn't look too bad. Still rather be driving me Zed than a shed.

For me, I drive around 30,000 miles a year for my work, I would hate to be doing that in the zed for 2 reasons....

Firstly, the petrol bills would be through the roof, and there's always the worry of leaving it in strange car parks with tight spaces only to return to the car to find it's been abused by the door of the car next to it.

But second, and most important, I bought the zed as a luxury, no compromise car that I can really enjoy driving. If I was using it everyday for work and general chores then I feel that the novelty would soon diminish, and I might as well have bought something sensible.

To me, the zed is an expensive luxury, not just a tool to get me from A to B.

Shed was the best thing I have ever did mate!

Lets face it - my drive to work is not exactly an exciting one anyway, and when I do get there I woory about it all day. I have had a tommy k stolen off it and a couple of door dings while it has been at work.

Also, I am saving a packet....only had it for 2 weeks and still running on the £25 i put in it when I bought it. We are not all on dentist wages :lol:

As for sub £1k - my car was 350 big uns - thats a months petrol in the zed ;)

DO IT DO IT DO IT

It was all going so well until the Hyundai Accent 1.3!!

lol that was just added in before anyone said the rest were guzzlers

i wouldnt buy a shed but i can understand why some ppl do, i just cant understand why u would buy a rust bucket when u can get something much nicer for the same money esp when u are gonna be spending more time in it

i dont think you've quite got the point... most of the cars you've listed you cant exactly pick up a new washing machine in. and you cant do that in the zed.

i do tons of miles and i get pretty jaded to the cars i drive and swap them every 6months - year. the shed has allowed me to enjoy the zed properly again because im not used to it and its a bit more of a treat so i will keep it :D

on my driveway i have managed to kerb my new wheels 3 times, scratch both sides of my front bumper badly and scuff my wing mirror. all of which were coming back from the 7min drive to work. WOW that drive to work was so enthralling im glad i took the zed and damaged it for that!!! NOT! :dry:

there's three reasons off the top of my head. ;)

and biscuit dont be such a tart, you go in your wifes car to do the shed work so that's all bollocks :p

EDIT:

Shed was the best thing I have ever did mate!

Lets face it - my drive to work is not exactly an exciting one anyway, and when I do get there I woory about it all day. I have had a tommy k stolen off it and a couple of door dings while it has been at work.

Also, I am saving a packet....only had it for 2 weeks and still running on the £25 i put in it when I bought it. We are not all on dentist wages :lol:

As for sub £1k - my car was 350 big uns - thats a months petrol in the zed ;)

DO IT DO IT DO IT

im with you on every point!! :#1: including the 350quid price tag B)

oh and on the point of buying a nice shed! why the hell would you do that!?? so when people see you in it they think its the best you can do some, crap hyundai accident? When people see me in my nice shirt and trousers in my battered, grubby and crap shed car they can take a pretty good guess i dont drive that at the weekend. which makes sense to me.

ok so u cant drive without kerbing ur wheels lol and u need more space or something cheaper to run. like iv said in all my posts on this thread i COMPLETELY understand the need for a second car

but why would u drive a rust bucket thats gonna break down at some point when ur gonna do most of ur driving in that? id want my second car to be comfortable and reliable esp if using it for long journeys or regular commuting

and were all car enthusiasts so surely u can understand my point when i say u can get a car that ticks all ur boxes but looks half decent?

ok so u cant drive without kerbing ur wheels lol and u need more space or something cheaper to run. like iv said in all my posts on this thread i COMPLETELY understand the need for a second car

but why would u drive a rust bucket thats gonna break down at some point when ur gonna do most of ur driving in that? id want my second car to be comfortable and reliable esp if using it for long journeys or regular commuting

and were all car enthusiasts so surely u can understand my point when i say u can get a car that ticks all ur boxes but looks half decent?

i get you but what about when you watch top gear and they pick up a car for a fiver, its hilarious fun! :D

my mates love my shed, they think its funny, everyone thinks up stupid stuff to do to it for a laugh and if its free or costs a few pence they can crack on and do it :lol: its about caning a crap car round with not a single care if it got written off round the next corner which is such a relaxing thought. being able to throw all the BNQ stuff in the boot and not meticulously stop it sliding round.

i bought mine not for the money saving but after repairing so much on the zed i couldnt bear to see it get any more little dinks and bangs that i would have to spend more time, stress and money sorting.

skip to 0:50 for instant effect :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js8YE7uZFUY

i have driven my wifes car all of twice since she bought it this year, and i wouldn't really call it a shed. i still use my car for everything. if i need more space i've used my boot rack.

its having a good car as a daily driver that makes it fun; i enjoy my 10 minute drive to work even in traffic. its nice to go home in something good.

and as for people thinking you must have something decent at home cos you wear a nice suit :lol: if i see a crap heap car, i see a crap heap car,

i tried having a normal car and it lasted 9 months before i was bored sh1tl£ss.

its a car, it will wear and age, it will get dinks and curb rashes. yes its good to look after it, but why give up the nice car for work and travel in a crap heap. most of my driving is my commute to work.

if you want something fun to drive at the weekends, you might as well get a caterham costs less to buy, run and insure and is probalby more fun to drive.

yes i understand people need to move big items, and yes my wife has a big car which we use for that, and for that i am lucky. but if thats your only issue, then thats what mates are for.

I have a shed because i work 12 hours a day at a @*!# hole. Loads of brick dust, loads of mud and acidic fumes coming from chimney stacks. Would do my head in seen it get covered with crap every day at work and not only that i have had one daily driver reversed into by a 38 tonner and that was yellow too and the driver still did not see it :wacko::headhurt:

Thats my reason for having a shed and you are entitled to my decision and opinion on the matter :teeth:

And for the record my shed drives perfectly, works perfectly and is perfectly comfortable and i am not vain enough to be embarrased to be behind the steering wheel. ;)

I have a shed because i work 12 hours a day at a @*!# hole. Loads of brick dust, loads of mud and acidic fumes coming from chimney stacks. Would do my head in seen it get covered with crap every day at work and not only that i have had one daily driver reversed into by a 38 tonner and that was yellow too and the driver still did not see it :wacko::headhurt:

Thats my reason for having a shed and you are entitled to my decision and opinion on the matter :teeth:

And for the record my shed drives perfectly, works perfectly and is perfectly comfortable and i am not vain enough to be embarrased to be behind the steering wheel. ;)

fair doo's fully understand; but for me i like my drive to work and am lucky enough i suppose to have a job where there are very few issues for the car.

:lol::lol:

if u want a fun shed thats meant to be a proper shed and u go out ur way to make it a proper shed like husky then fair enough i can appreciate the work gone into it like i appreciate rat cars at shows

but if its just a second car then it should still be decent enough car- for example u wouldnt wear ur best suit and most expensive tie everyday but ur daily dress code shouldnt be that of a tramp

its having a good car as a daily driver that makes it fun; i enjoy my 10 minute drive to work even in traffic. its nice to go home in something good.

I couldn't agree more with this! I've only got a 10 mile drive to work, on not very exciting roads, but I still smile every time I get in the car in the morning and after having a crap day at work there's nothing better than climbing into a nice car to drive home in.

I understand the appeal of a shed for moving big/dirty stuff and I'm tempted to get a second car for the winter as I don't really fancy driving the zed in the snow, but if I did get a shed it wouldn't get used much at all.

My shed is the best car ive ever owned, and its probably more reliable than the zed so far. If I spent £1K on a second car I would want to still look after it. £300 shed i dont give a toss, park it how I like where I like and do what I like in it. If it breaks down ill set fire to it and buy another and still be in pocket :thumbs: