anyone kick-ass using PowerPoint? **UPDATE**

UNABASHED

the two foundations of any engineering bussiness. excel & powerpoint :lol:

its not a difficult program to use tbh, just have a play about in it.

transitions:

For transitions avoid using a variety, it makes it look like you hit the random transition button. keep the presentation simple and clean so using the fade transition is best tbh. making a flying text powerpoint just makes you look like a nob.

+1

Custom animation

Staging when text or any object appears in a slide can be done by creating a custom animation. this works well if you know what you are saying and the text comes up on the slide in sync with your rehearsed words. playing with the timing works well for this and gives a very professional appearance. right click the text or object, it should be under that.

a bit complicated for a learner but good advice

design

If you are making something "pretty" remember that you can kind of layer objects using the "send backward" etc commands on the right click.

again a bit complicated for a learner but good advice

When inserting images with a solid colour background there is a button on the picture toolbar for making one colour transparent, makes a nice finish on the object as it doesnt look like a white square.

I've learnt something there :lol:

background & fill effect

instead of filling with a single colour you can create a fade from one to the other, a nice clean use of this is fading from a light colour to white in the background, you can choose which way this fades matching it to the layout of your presentation. you'll find this option usually under the colour option for the fill of a shape or background.

+1

All good advice ..... might be an idea to have a go then send it to an expert for fine tuning before you use it ........... basically keep it simple and concentrate on the content

And whatever you do - the worse and most fatal thing of all is to make ANY spelling errors.......... sounds like a simple bit of advice but honestly - check, check and check again!

Grammar police here :blush:

most fatal ?

surely, fatal is fatal ......... as in this parrot is dead

the man suffered a fatal injury

the woman suffered a more fatal injury

and finally the child suffered the most fatal injury

worse thing ?

surely that should be "worst"

soz Nix ............... just had to be done :surrender:

:lol:

I await my :blackeye:

And whatever you do - the worse and most fatal thing of all is to make ANY spelling errors.......... sounds like a simple bit of advice but honestly - check, check and check again!

put the i's and e's back to front, see if they are paying attention ;) thats what i do it for :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

it was hard to resist but I was very conservative with my transitions :lol:

I got a bit lost in the interview when the regional directory was questioning me on something I had said about having a interest in cars and driving. I panicked and started lying through my teeth telling them I was a semi-professional race driver and build cars in my spare time at home. I don't even have a garage! :p

I got a bit lost in the interview when the regional directory was questioning me on something I had said about having a interest in cars and driving. I panicked and started lying through my teeth telling them I was a semi-professional race driver and build cars in my spare time at home. I don't even have a garage! :p

uh oh :lol: you tit :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thats gonna come back and bite you on the backside isn't it??? you pillock!

Well done though! :lol: