Exhaust change guide?

jollyranchers

Guys just wondering how easy is it to change the exhaust on the Z from the Y pipe back using

a trolley jack etc ?

Is there any DIY guides / tips anywhere i couldnt find any ?

Have any of you purchased any low ramps from anywhere recently for using with the Z to get better

access for an exhaust change?

cheers

In theory its a piece of...cake, but in practice, all your bolts will be seized on and you'll probably have to use heat to get them off. When i had mine done i took it to my mate at the garage, and it took him an hour to get it off, and ended up burning every but off...!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so my new exhaust is due to arrive later on in the week

I got plus gas,Breaker bar , Blow torch already etc

My question is if i take that stability type guard off would it be easier just splitting the midpipe to y pipe and try and take the back box and mid pipe together ?

How do people find clearance using axle stands is there enough room to comfortably get in ?!

My question is if i take that stability type guard off would it be easier just splitting the midpipe to y pipe and try and take the back box and mid pipe together ?

How do people find clearance using axle stands is there enough room to comfortably get in ?!

I think that depends how you current exhaust have been put on the hangers. It should be possible to get the back box and mid section out in one go if everything is can slide one way off the hangers once you have the y-pipe disconnected. When I had my new one put on the old the rear silencer and mid pipe came off in one go.. still together. :thumbs:

If you have decent axle stands they you should be ok..some bits might be a bit awkward.