OUT WITH THE SPRAY GUN AGAIN,,,,,,

lomoto

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they both look good. Did you finish off with a clear lacquer top coat? On both items?

clear coat on the strut brace cover , but left the air intakes with just standard finish as it was a better match to the rest of the alloy coloured plastics on the car (door handles etc. ) :)

I think they both look good. Did you finish off with a clear lacquer top coat? On both items?

clear coat on the strut brace cover , but left the air intakes with just standard finish as it was a better match to the rest of the alloy coloured plastics on the car (door handles etc. ) :)

And they're less likely to suffer any scratches or other damage, given their location. Makes sense. :thumbs:

like the air vents tim. :thumbs: Not so sure on the rear strut brace if i'm honest

have you been rubbing shoulders with ming

Yes the strut brace is an eye catcher, dont know if I can live with it yet, :teeth:

would look well on a blue car...go on Mike you know you want to :teeth:

how easy it it to take off and spray? Mine has scratches on it, can you talk us through the process?

The intake trims just pull straight out with a good yank!!,

the strut bar cover is dead easy as well no tools required simply pull off the trim surrounding it ,then yank off the cover 10 second job.A bit daunting if you've never done car trims before ,but just be brave and they pull off :teeth:

trickiest part is lining the trims surround the strut bar cover up before you push them into place, when replacing them :thumbs:

like them Tim, saw them before in the US forums but good job nonetheless :)

love the rear strut brace, will do mine sooner or later as it's got scratches. Where did you get the replacement from? Ebay?

Yes £5.50 from Ebay BARGAIN...this was badly scratched though ;)

like them Tim, saw them before in the US forums but good job nonetheless :)

love the rear strut brace, will do mine sooner or later as it's got scratches. Where did you get the replacement from? Ebay?

Yes £5.50 from Ebay BARGAIN...this was badly scratched though ;)

aaah yes I remember that, thought, naaa it's scratched, never thought I could paint it! good thinking there Tim :p