Paranoia?

andlid

Am I a bit paranoid here?

Here is the story:

* Went shopping in the Z, after the shop I walked up to the Z and noticed a dude walking on the other side of the road looking at the car, nothing wrong with that it's an awesome car right! ;)

* Started the car, dude turned around again, nothing wrong with that he can hear it's not a standard car anyway cool. Took off and went to the petrol station for some gas, then spotted the dude sitting in his car at the entrance of the petrol station. Started to think,mmm weird.

* Went in and paid for my petrol and then noticed the dude just standing in the shop not buying anything he then went out ahead of me. < This got my paranoid tentacles moving

* Took off up the road (it's a 'main' road) noticed he took off after me up the road (That can be ok since it's a mainish road) then just hung right into a much smaller road that you wouldn't take if you weren’t heading towards mine really... guess what, he indicated and followed... :scare:

* I PARKED the car right after the turn with no chance of him stopping behind me :evil:

* The car kept past me but slowed down further up ahead where the roads wears left, like he was waiting for me to start moving again...

:shrug: This confused me so I did a U turn and went out on the main road a again and looped around the area to go on home... had a feeling this guy wanted to know where this car sleeps at night... :console:

Was followed last day too but this dude mounted his phone so he could film me driving so take it that he just wanted to listen / see the car in action? :drunk:

Yeah mate seems a bit strange to be honest and by the sounds of things he was trying to find out where the car lived at night times. Im from Belfast and have friends in the police and apparently that is a method they use to track down where nice cars are from, and im sure its used in other mayor cities as well.

Not sure what advice can offer apart from sleeping in the car, if they take the car they have you as a driver for it lol.

Yeah mate seems a bit strange to be honest and by the sounds of things he was trying to find out where the car lived at night times. Im from Belfast and have friends in the police and apparently that is a method they use to track down where nice cars are from, and im sure its used in other mayor cities as well.

Not sure what advice can offer apart from sleeping in the car, if they take the car they have you as a driver for it lol.

mmm with a new kid in the house I rather leave the keys downstairs so they don't come up the stairs after them. Feckers anyway. There is another 'better' way to find out where a car lives sometimes in the Dublin area, look what the sticker at the front states where the car parks (residential parking permits) I flip mine on the Z and the other cars when I leave the area... Think it's time to get my tracker installed and some kill switches... How hard are these to steal without the correct key btw?

And you should start taking some counter measures for a while. Doing what you did was good but also things like, couple of laps of a round about, driving past your house if there's a car behind you. A lot of these things are common sense but you should do it just in case this dude wants to rob your Zed! Dont mean to freak you out, just want you to be safe!

And you should start taking some counter measures for a while. Doing what you did was good but also things like, couple of laps of a round about, driving past your house if there's a car behind you. A lot of these things are common sense but you should do it just in case this dude wants to rob your Zed! Dont mean to freak you out, just want you to be safe!

Think it's time to get the cam mounted in the window of the house and get the onboard cams mounted too...

You can pic up relativly cheap flush fitting security posts from caravan accesories places. Certainly cheapest ive found.

Just cement in to drive and it gives a large visual deterent. Just dont keep the key for the post with the car keys!

You can pic up relativly cheap flush fitting security posts from caravan accesories places. Certainly cheapest ive found.

Just cement in to drive and it gives a large visual deterent. Just dont keep the key for the post with the car keys!

Would if this wasn't rented where I live now.