Shell Drivers Club

AzzA G

V-Power card here too. Plus purchase on Barclaycard which has a linked points system.

Everything has linked reward points these days in order to get customer loyalty.

Choose your poison and get whatever card goes with it.

:shrug:

We do Nectar with Ford, Sainsburys credit card and some of the other DIY places and the like that take it.

BA Amex for the normal spend

V Power Club (and Amex spend) on fuel

This lot gets us:-

Free Xmas food shopping

Free flights to the States each year for us both (about £300 in taxes for business class)

About £55 of free fuel a year

V-Power card here too. Plus purchase on Barclaycard which has a linked points system.

Everything has linked reward points these days in order to get customer loyalty.

Choose your poison and get whatever card goes with it.

:shrug:

I have barclaycard!! what points system do they have???? i dont have one.

It called Barclaycard Freedom - you earn money on transactions at certain places (Shell is one of them) and you can redeem the on other things. :thumbs:

Mind you, you are then paying a wee bit of interest on your fuel unless you clear balance every month...

Why is tesco 99 Ron any different to any other 99 Ron? apart from being slightly cheaper :shrug: Surly there's not a separate oil well somewhere in the ocean that pumps out worse quality oil that only Tesco uses? :lol:

Fuel is all the same, only when it gets put into the tankers at the dustrubition terminals is "addative" added into the "blend". Without these addative's, believe it or not, petrol WILL NOT work in a modern car.

The difference in petrol prices between the "big boys" and the supermarkets is due to The amount of blending (addative) that is added at time of loading.

All petroleum producers put additives in their fuel. These are a carefully controlled blend to enhance both the storage and use of the fuel and maintain the octane levels. Detergents added will help to keep the injectors and engine clean. This in turn means the engine is more efficient and you will get better economy.

Other additives may include bio elements such as esthers or alcohol, bio-ethanol.

I tend to only use BP and Shell petrol station, but will use Shell when i can for V power. I have a nectar card for BP and drivers club for shell. Having read this forum i just logged on, i already had an account and it says i have signed up for money back vouchers.

My current balance is 3181 points. How many points do you need before you get money back?

My address details were correct.

I take it you get a point per litre, if so i have spent more than £3,181 on fuel!!!!!

It also says i have earned 850 since April. What is more scary is i use BP the most as there is a station right across the road from me....

Wow, I had no idea! Does that mean that Tesco 99 is crap then? :shrug:

No...... It probably has the min amount of "addatives" just to make it 99ron, where as shell, bp, esso etc have the top end of addatives.

I am led to beleive that "JET" is always 97 ron? how true that is i dont know...

• 2 months later...

I sent Shell an email since I had never received vouchers etc so they said it was because my address had not been confirmed. It all got sorted and they said I would receive vouchers in the next quarter.

Well today I received vouchers, they redeemed 3400 points. And guess how much in petrol vouchers I received given that people are saying they receive £10-£24 per quarter in vouchers?

I sent Shell an email since I had never received vouchers etc so they said it was because my address had not been confirmed. It all got sorted and they said I would receive vouchers in the next quarter.

Well today I received vouchers, they redeemed 3400 points. And guess how much in petrol vouchers I received given that people are saying they receive £10-£24 per quarter in vouchers?

£20

I've got morrisons fuel saver card thing, shell one and now a nectar card :lol:.

morrisons was probably best one got £5 off food voucher (which i gave to mum and always came out with £10 bonus :lol: )

as for shell, got one later after about a year (suppose i didnt really use it much) but now i have stopped using it as my car never ran right when using their fuel.

but now im using a nectar card to gain points for when i need them.

Just got my Shell V power vouchers today,because i have the run around as well as the Zed i can get £5.50 off normal fuel or £6.00 of V power.Since July 1st i have earned 535 fuel points,100 bonus points for using the bonus vouchers,50 for going online(total 685) and previous balance points 469.Grand total 1154.They have taken 1100 off for the vouchers and carried over to the next quarter 54.

My reward £5.50/6.00 voucher. :boat: