Sorry - but IS IT JUST ME !?

burgershot

Just spent my fist full Saturday of ownership washing and cleaning and polishing the whole Z inside and out - for about ... :blush: .... 3 hours !!!!

I'm sorry - but the kids were mucking about on their bikes and the wife was away for the day (and tonight - ha ha - just me - beer - and the Ryder cup highlights - BLISS) so there was nothing to do but spend some quality time gettign my new baby completely spanking new looking. Found a few stonechips and it still didn't spoil the whole experience for me.

I used to LOVE doing the same with my RX8 - but i think the Z has just taken my obsession to a new unprecedented level of 'sadness'

Sorry - had to 'share' :yahoo::blush::p:teeth:

Just spent my fist full Saturday of ownership washing and cleaning and polishing the whole Z inside and out - for about ... :blush: .... 3 hours !!!!

I'm sorry - but the kids were mucking about on their bikes and the wife was away for the day (and tonight - ha ha - just me - beer - and the Ryder cup highlights - BLISS) so there was nothing to do but spend some quality time gettign my new baby completely spanking new looking. Found a few stonechips and it still didn't spoil the whole experience for me.

I used to LOVE doing the same with my RX8 - but i think the Z has just taken my obsession to a new unprecedented level of 'sadness'

Dont be embarassed, I think we all suffer from the same polishing fetish :blush:

Sorry - yeah - must be the endorphins in my blood stream after my fantastic Z day - it went - clean - shammy - wax - polish. Probably all completely wrong - but i loved it .... :teeth:

what's that i hear you say !?!?!?!?!

:worthless:

oh !?

.. ok then .. you've twisted my arm .....

now i really need to get to some decent locations for some decent shots ... front of house doesn't really do the car justice i don't think ...

anywho ....

:teeth:

just ordered one tonight on ebay !

:teeth:

you read my mind !

.... and while i was at it - got a couple of Z badges and Spill's grounding kit .. that'll teach the wife to go away for the night and leave me home alone with the bank card and a few beers !

:p:teeth::thumbs:

Get yourself some 19's and you will have truely sweet ride :teeth:

GOD - don't temp me !!!!

Although i will say the rays and tyres are brand new - the previous owner got his OEM ones put onto his brand new one at trade-in and (now my) new ones from his new Z put onto my car (if all that makes any sense!? :headhurt: )

So i'll wait until they get kerbed or i can do a good trade-in on them for a LOVELY set of VOLKS !!!!! :teeth:

infact still got a complete set of brand spanking new RX8 18's which i got in a warranty deal after i had already put on some Kei rims.

Ahhhh .. all the possibilities that i love with the Z !!

GOD - don't temp me !!!!

Although i will say the rays and tyres are brand new - the previous owner got his OEM ones put onto his brand new one at trade-in and (now my) new ones from his new Z put onto my car (if all that makes any sense!? :headhurt: )

So i'll wait until they get kerbed or i can do a good trade-in on them for a LOVELY set of VOLKS !!!!! :teeth:

infact still got a complete set of brand spanking new RX8 18's which i got in a warranty deal after i had already put on some Kei rims.

Ahhhh .. all the possibilities that i love with the Z !!

RX8??? Thats a swear word round here :scare:

RX8??? Thats a swear word round here :scare:

it'sonly a swear word if we're all scared of them .. which having owned both now, i can tell you, we certainly shouldn't be .... so instead it should be a word of mirth .... :p:teeth:

the RX8 doesn't compare guys - seriously it REALLY doesn't compare. The 8 is a fun car - don't get me wrong ... but the Z is a proper sports car through and through ... the end.

:thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Enough said me thinks!!

Looking good mate. Enjoy!

Bet your neighbours think you're mad - mine do! :D:thumbs:

3 hours????? I'm about half finished by that time! :wacko: Might be a roadster thing though as you have to put the roof up and down a couple of times to a) clean under it and around it and B) get rid of any trace of water under it and around it thus stopping any drips. Oh yeah... and then I take it for a 20 min drive just to make sure the roof is completely dry before putting it down... :)

Am I mad? And am I the only one who uses the corner of the sponge to clean the little square thingys on the rays?? Probably not! ;)

Nout wrong with that! :) 3 hours every other week is a minimum for me - wash-rinse-wax-gloss coat sealant to top it all off. Better than a work-out at the gym!

3 hours mate :blush: = Pathetic :thumbdown:

i take it you mean pathetic as in 3 hour is not long enough - not enough effort !? :p:teeth::headhurt:

Mines a Kuro mate, needs so much effort!!!

Like Mikey said it's a workout :) No wonder I don't go the gym as much :thumbdown:

Its worth it though for the 10 mins it lasts for :thumbs:

I am so jealous of you and your car! Not fair.

I spent 4 hours saturday morning before my test drive prewashing, washing, clay baring, scratchxing, waxing, buffing, cleaning wheels, taking wheels off to clean the inside and under arches, seals, took the back box off to give it a good autosol full makeover and then realised i fogot to hoover the inside so did that too.

All this was before 11am! I couldnt sleep. Now think what i will be like with the Zed! :teeth:

I am so jealous of you and your car! Not fair.

I spent 4 hours saturday morning before my test drive prewashing, washing, clay baring, scratchxing, waxing, buffing, cleaning wheels, taking wheels off to clean the inside and under arches, seals, took the back box off to give it a good autosol full makeover and then realised i fogot to hoover the inside so did that too.

All this was before 11am! I couldnt sleep. Now think what i will be like with the Zed! :teeth:

Bloody hell that’s seriously good going!!!

Did you have the Ferrari pit crew with you??? :)