New splitter :)

Jay

Hey guys and girls...... some of you may remember the post I put about about 2 weeks ago about where to source the splitter I was looking for etc. Anyway ............ Paul T came to the rescue and gave me his old carbon splitters that used to be on the green beast :thumbs:

They were a litte on the worn side as they are defo speed bump haters :blush: So I got to work by sanding them down, filling in the dents / scratches... then doing the usual process of painting :) It felt so wrong painting over the carbon but...... it had to be done as there was no way I could salvage the carbon.

Anyway a big thank you to Paul for sorting me out with the splitter..... its much appreciated dude :thumbs::#1:

Here are a couple of pics, before and after:

Sanded down and first layer of cataloy.... then 2 more layers were added and sanded down.

splitter2.jpg

All smooth now and primered :

splitter3.jpg

Three coats of paint later:

splitter4.jpg

And the finished pearl

splitter5.jpg

Its not perfect.... but I am no painter lol and I have a bad bad feeling that some pot holes or speed bumps will like these :surrender::lol:

Anyway here are some pics of them on the car. I will get better ones at the show on sunday :D I am really pleased with the way they turned out :yahoo::thumbs:

splitter1.jpg

splitter-1.jpg

jay will you ever stop,your worst than me mate.

think the black mesh grille would work,its the next mod i ve got planned

when i finally get out of hospital 4 weeks with out the z is doing me in.

Mate..... I keep telling myself thats it........... but I keep finding something else to do........ I am now looking at bucket seats :blush::lol:

Hope your ok mate, hospital for 4 weeks is a long bloody time :surrender: