350z Remap?

djrm

You might like to check out Abbey's advice ;) :

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=38876

+1 good write up.

I had fitted a job lot of mods at the same time - as the remap is of course not cheap. I had Air Induction, XYZ pipe, De-cats, Plenum Spacer and the NOS all mapped at once.

Only issue with that is I couldn't tell you what gains I achieved individually.

one thing thats confusing me - and from what ive read people havent yet commented on (from what ive read)

I was reading abbeys website, and they say

the lower gears by not allowing the throttle to be opened 100% in the 3 lower gears, 1st gear 65%, 2nd gear 70%, 3rd gear 80%.

Does the remap remove this limitation? Because surely, would the 0-85mph sprint be much reduced and make the car have a lot more power in the lower gears?

Or have i read it completely wrong?

You dont get more bhp from up rev but you get all the power available in 1st,2nd&3rd &revs higher,since i had my uprev done my car feels much quicker & may be in my head but better mpg,my only bhp gains were 9bhp from the fitting of my plenum spacer,the car feels much better than the 3% gain from the plenum spacer,talk to mark\scott at abbey there the guru's.

thats the thing that made me wonder though - dyno runs are usually done in 4th gear (or closest to 1:1 ratio), where it isnt limited - but surely if the first 3 gears are limited then removing that must give more power in those gears?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree :lol:

You dont get more bhp from up rev but you get all the power available in 1st,2nd&3rd &revs higher,since i had my uprev done my car feels much quicker & may be in my head but better mpg,my only bhp gains were 9bhp from the fitting of my plenum spacer,the car feels much better than the 3% gain from the plenum spacer,talk to mark\scott at abbey there the guru's.

:dry: I'd say you'll get a few ponnies if tuned nicely from standard ecu rom.