Fuel 5 vs dotz mugello or Rota GTR vs Corse Z2S

ballistic

Hi guys

Interested in buying some rims and was looking at these, rather than continue hijaking another thread with my questions i thought i would start my own. I searched for these two wheels and found that members are running them here, but i did not find any/many long term reviews/feedback on the reliability/quality of these. They are quite cheap and I read that a member with wolfrace sharks (similar price) had his seperate from the rim :scare: Thats why im asking the questions, so:

Are either prone the frequent buckling or problems? And does the finish last (especially winter).

And do they both fit well, so no wobbling or vibration issues?

Also is one any better than the other in any issue (fitment, quality etc)

And did going up to 19"s make any differance to the ride?

Also just to make sure i get the right ones, what kind of offset and pcd did you go for (i think the zed is 22/112?). Did you have to run spacers and or wobbly bolts to get them to the right offset/look?

Feel free to post a pic of your motor with them on B)

Finally can anyone recommend anything similar to these or the wolfrace sharks for similar price. I browsed the wheel sticky thread but most of the wheels are too expensive for me :teeth:

Nice one guys, sorry for asking for any repeated info, and cheers for any help :thumbs:

Heres the rims in question:

dotz_mugello_0711_02.jpg

Fuel%205%20Silver%20FFM%20(right).jpg

shark.jpg

Do not, i repeat DO NOT get the wheels at the bottom - Wolfrace/Ruff Racing Sharks.

I had them for about 3 months, and i couldnt go over 80mph. They were so heavy it made the ride feel bad, and i couldnt go over 80 mph as the whole car was shaking. Had the tyres refitted, and the car laser aligned several times, but no joy. The last straw was when one of the stainless steel lips actually came apart from the wheel and buckled... :surrender:

Its a shame as i think they look great.

Marzman - your the guy i was refering to in my first post i think, regarding the one who broke his wolf's. Thanks for the heads up, they are nice wheels tis a shame :dry: wonder if there are any similar ones around.

Rising Power - Thanks for the info. Those wheels are B) but they are more expensive than the Fuel 5's and Dotz, however the price seems to be for 20", wonder how much 19's are. Are they better quality?

Jay - fakeindian said there rubbish i shoudnt get em too ;) . I think i might still go for em though ( i smell a conspiracy :p )

Still interested in feedback on quality and if one are better than the other. Any one running the Axis Penta's, might as well throw them in the mix too.

Thanks guys

The axis Pentas only fit in 20" so their out.

Im still trying to weigh up between the Fuel's and Dotz. Wondering which ones look better in the flesh and if there are any weight and quality diffreances. What do u guys think?

:)

I think i prefer the dotz (though i havnt seen either in the flesh so its hard to be certain).

Can anyone running the dotz tell me all the specs i need to order them in? Also do i require spacers to fit etc (or to get a reasonable stance). Any good places to buy them from?

I heard a search and didnt find much on these wheels on the forum

The axis Pentas only fit in 20" so their out.

Im still trying to weigh up between the Fuel's and Dotz. Wondering which ones look better in the flesh and if there are any weight and quality diffreances. What do u guys think?

I reckon the Fuel 5s will suit gunmetal better tbh... the Dotz look great on white cars

Plus the Fuel 5s are fantastic value http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-BLK-FUEL-5-ALL ... 20b2409d99

might get some myself at that price B)

Are there any reports of these wheels messing with the cars ride and handling? I do not want to spoil the cars performance just for looks.

Also I know they are more expensive but i have been thinking about the rota GTR's in GM or the linea corse Z2S's. The write up seems to be good for both. The GTR's give the more agressive look and the Z2S give a clean look. Leaning towards the GTR's at the mo. (Bet Fakeindian's releived :teeth: )

Another descision is 18's or 19's. I havnt seen any bad reports about running 19's but i wonder if it does change the car for the worse or better, or not at all even. Remember its an everyday London driver :wacko:

Are there any reports of these wheels messing with the cars ride and handling? I do not want to spoil the cars performance just for looks.

Also I know they are more expensive but i have been thinking about the rota GTR's in GM or the linea corse Z2S's. The write up seems to be good for both. The GTR's give the more agressive look and the Z2S give a clean look. Leaning towards the GTR's at the mo. (Bet Fakeindian's releived :teeth: )

Another descision is 18's or 19's. I havnt seen any bad reports about running 19's but i wonder if it does change the car for the worse or better, or not at all even. Remember its an everyday London driver :wacko:

Definately go for 19s bud... Mines a daily driver and they are fine... You will probably regret it if you went for 18s...

I like the look of the GTRs too, all except for the sticker :blush:

Definately go for 19s bud... Mines a daily driver and they are fine... You will probably regret it if you went for 18s...

I like the look of the GTRs too, all except for the sticker :blush:

Thanks. What about performance/handling, any adverse effects there? Have you lowered you zed at all?

Pics of wheels in question to enjoy:

(which sticker you refering to)

Rota%20Gunmetal%20(Small).bmp

Linea%20Corse%20Z2S.bmp

I can't give you anymore info until you give me your 350GT Im afraid :disguise:

Just kidding :lol:

Mine are not lowered and handle better than the stock ones that you have (i used to have)..... I can't comment on these wheels your looking at though im afraid as I don't have them

Nice one guys :thumbs:

Tarmac- sell your motor and buy a grown ups car, you know it makes sense :p . Thanks for the advice though.

Biggy and Digsy - I did read those threads, and any others i could find :thumbs: thanks for the recomendation though. I got loads of info on fitments and apperance etc.

By the way guys, just to be %100 sure, im looking at following set up

Rota GTR 19x9 ET20 (front) + 245/35

Rota GTR 19x10 ET20 (rear) + 285/35

This staggered package is available from CS. Will these offsets be flush with the arches? (give the agressive stance?). Anyone with pics of this setup?

Just to be sure again, is that the tyre combo to go for also? Im pretty sure they are from research, but just wanna make sure there will be no rubbing issues or anything else on a non-lowered zed.

Although i know the GTR are a light wheel that is designed for zed fitment and thus should not harm the performance, minimally. Just wanted to get some user review/feedback on this issue specifically i.e: ride/handling/traction/cornering after fitting GTR 19's please :D and also are there any reports of bucking etc

Thanks againg lads :thumbs: