Fuel 5 vs dotz mugello or Rota GTR vs Corse Z2S

ballistic

I have the Linea Corse Z2S and I'm very happy with them, although I did end up getting the centres repainted gloss black to match the colour scheme of my car. I too was worried about the hit on performance and ride quality with 19 inch wheels but I needn't have been, they are fine. In fact it drives better than before due to the wider, grippier tyres.:thumbs: For info the fitment is 19x8.5 ET15 front and 19x10 ET20 rear.

Pics:

P1020769.jpg

P1020755.jpg

P1020765.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

MattG - Nice one, thats what i was looking for, good to know they improve grip too. Motor looks nice mate B) I was looking at the GM ones mysel to match my zed.

Do you know if you can fit 285's on the back? Oh and are you lowered.

Tarmac - My excuse is that i dont have any lil ones...... yet

By the way i saw these on ebay, Dotz GTR's for £670. What you guys rekon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-LIGHTWEIGHT-ALLOY-WHEELS-ONLY-NISSAN-350Z-/130415515367?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET

Think these are better than the Rota's?

@ Matt G - your car looks B)

Thanks mate! :) Sometimes it feels like it's spent more time in the bodyshop than on the driveway, and I wouldn't be too far wrong! :lol: It's changed a bit since those pics were taken, it's now got an 07+ bonnet, some ZMANALEX red brembos and smoothed side skirts (i.e. the line halfway up the skirt is now gone). Just a few more bits to do then it's finished, honest! ;)

Do you know if you can fit 285's on the back? Oh and are you lowered.

I'm sure 285s would fit but you'd need to make sure the fronts were the right size to match or you'll get TCS issues. I played it safe and went with the tried and trusted combination of 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 in Falken FK452s and I'm very happy with them. :)

I'm not lowered yet but I'll be dropping it 20mm or so soon when I get Muddy's KW V2 coilovers.

Thanks for you advice mate :)

I have been having a good look around and i think im now really leaning towards the Z2s's in GM.

They seem a good wheel all round, and are ticking all the right boxes for me. B):thumbs:

I was wondering if they come in a 9j for the front? (ET20)? does that give you any extra lip at the front? Or is the 8.5j the only way to go? Thought you might have come across this when you ordered them

Regarding the TCS issues do you think i would need to go 255 front if i go 285 rear? Has anyone out there done this? any negative's?

Thanks a bunch mate, i think you have helped me make up my mind

Is is CS and RR that sell them on here?

Yeah mine were in Gunmetal too as when I ordered them the car was GM. They did look great in that colour but just before I fitted them I decided to have the car resprayed white and so had the wheels repainted to match the black/white colour scheme. :)

I know Rarerims definitely have some Z2S in stock so drop Ben a PM, I'm sure he'll be happy to help. They supplied them complete with the Falkens at an excellent price and can supply with other tyres too, e.g. Toyo T1-R.

Rarerims didn't actually plan on bringing the Z2S in but I begged Ben to get some made in 350Z fitment and he agreed! :yahoo: We did specify 19X9 ET20 front and 19x10 ET20 rear (same as the GTRs) but what turned up was 19x8.5 ET15 for the front. I assume they had to be changed for technical reasons with the wheel design. I was worried that the loss of width would make them look too far in the arches compared to the rears but the extra 5mm of offset made up for that and they look spot on. :thumbs:

Regarding the 285 tyres, I've had a play with this utility: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

...and it would seem that going with 255/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear provides the same front/rear circumference difference as 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear. This is the key thing to worry about. If the difference between the circumference of the front tyres and rear tyres is too large then the speed they are spinning at will also be too large and the TCS system will think the rear wheels are spinning and will cut in for no apparent reason.

1) 225/45/18F 245/45/18R (Stock Rays): 56.6mm difference front to rear

2) 245/35/19F - 275/35/19R (My setup): 66mm difference front to rear

3) 255/35/19 - 285/35/19 (Your proposed setup): 66mm difference front to rear

The only real difference between my setup and the one you want is that my speedo reads slightly too fast and yours will read slightly too slow. You're only talking about 0.5% either way though so definitely nothing to worry about! ;) The costs aren't hugely different for the bigger tyres either, you'll just pay about £30 - £70 a set more for the larger ones depending on what brand you go for.

• 5 weeks later...

Mattg: Thanks for the great reply, thats pretty much the conclusion i came to with regards to tyre sizes except i used this website (with other useful info) http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

I spoke to another member who has run wide rubber and he said that it really helps to put the power down and made the car feel as if it was on rails, as they say, only negative was a slight increase in understeer. I mostly get the extra power down even with the current 245's (tiny) when in a straight line, however with any lock applied the wheels spin, but the front feels fine so i think that 275 or 285 would defo make a differance

Camskill are selling Falken 275's and 285's for the same price and the same with 245's and 255's i think.

Think i will be dynamatting the boot etc too, to help block out the exhaust noise and the extra noise from the wider rubber

H5: They do look hideousss......................... ly good,

You've done nothing stop the number of owners of these increasing by showing those pics. By the way great location, where? if i may ask.

Gotta say they look good with the GM. Amongst my favorite rims, and there not too expensice either. Im thinking of going for the v1 kit with the wheels myself, plus some other things, nothing too OTT but subtle stuff.

How have the wheels held up with wear and tear? Do the lips hold up ok? Im propbably not going to swap in the winter. Also is your lowered at all?

Thanks for the pics

Nice one lads :thumbs:

They really do look bad in the flesh. That's why I keep my car in the garage so people can't see them....

Anyway....! :D

Pics were taken in southern France, about an hour from the Spanish border at the inlaws place they have down there. Vineyards in the background and plenty of sunshine, very nice.

The wheels seem to hold up well, but to be honest you could never describe it as wear and tear with mine. I will be taking them off for the winter and they get cleaned after almost every time the car is used... When I did about 1,800 miles in 2 weeks in the car to get down to France they did really well though. I have double coated them in jetSEAL 109 and the pics above are after a wipe over with water when I got down there. I would suggest that if you seal them well and are very careful with stones and grit when wiping the lip down they will be fine. You do get the 'washing machine' effect on the rear wheel a bit so in the winter I would put time aside to clean regularly, especially with the salt and grime on UK roads.

The car isn't lowered no and IMO think it sits well as it is. The offsets do work well on these too.

Hope this helps....