Secondhand wheel spacers wanted for 350z cheap

waseem1978

short answer is no,

Your paying for a pointless not brand name. How can a spacer really be better than another, other than better deign ideas, like knarled edges black coated. End of the day its just a machine bit of metal.

Personally I would not use any make (and the studs holding them) that have not been fully tested - say, successfully under race conditions. Given these are what are holding your wheels on the car, if they fail............. :scare:

short answer is no,

Your paying for a pointless not brand name. How can a spacer really be better than another, other than better deign ideas, like knarled edges black coated. End of the day its just a machine bit of metal.

Bollocks :)

Not saying that there is anything wrong with the ones at £130.00 ;)

Just Bollocks to the statement above.

That's a good price, I paid £200 but that was for Eibach ones :thumbs:

:bangin: are they worth that much more? :shrug:

The MW Tech ones were not available when I got mine from CS.

I would have considered the MW Tech ones, but cost isn't always an issue is it, otherwise we would all be driving round on Arrowspeed tyres surely?

I would have considered the MW Tech ones, but cost isn't always an issue is it, otherwise we would all be driving round on Arrowspeed tyres surely?

What i was asking was are the eibach ones that much different to warrent the extra cost, or are they that much more because of the brand name?

What i was asking was are the eibach ones that much different to warrent the extra cost, or are they that much more because of the brand name?

Ahhh sorry, not sure TBH as I have never seen the MWT ones, not sure even if I had I would be able to tell the difference?

There is almost certainly no difference whatsoever, I didn't buy them because of the name, they were just all that was available and I had seen lots of members on here with them :shrug:

Like I said now I had the choice I might go for the MWT one's as they have been tried and tested :thumbs:

this is really simple;

you buy a curtain pole..

you buy a cheap one from pound stretchers for use with your flimsy cheap pound stretcher curtains, all is well.

you hang heavy good quality curtains off it, it breaks...

then you buy a solid curtain pole from BnQ.

curtains never fall down.

whats the lesson here?

the less you pay, usually the cheaper the materials and workmanship becomes.

The more "heavy" your use of the item the more it will cost as you dont fall into the normal "cheap" bracket of customer and the more workmanship and better materials are needed.

To ensure customers arent being cheated, companies build up brand names, under these brand names the companies spend large amounts of money to be inspected and approved for particular engineering standards (eg. ISO) these standards protect us as customers as we know what we are getting every time. (You can look up the accreditations of each company and their products free of charge.)

But yes, the companies who have put the money in for R&D and quality will attempt to make a larger return for the financial risk they have taken, they do this by charging a premium for their premium products.

This isn't intended to reflect on any supplier on this thread, just to explain the reason behind one brand being more expensicve than another.

this is really simple;

you buy a curtain pole..

you buy a cheap one from pound stretchers for use with your flimsy cheap pound stretcher curtains, all is well.

you hang heavy good quality curtains off it, it breaks...

then you buy a solid curtain pole from BnQ.

curtains never fall down.

whats the lesson here?

the less you pay, usually the cheaper the materials and workmanship becomes.

The more "heavy" your use of the item the more it will cost as you dont fall into the normal "cheap" bracket of customer and the more workmanship and better materials are needed.

To ensure customers arent being cheated, companies build up brand names, under these brand names the companies spend large amounts of money to be inspected and approved for particular engineering standards (eg. ISO) these standards protect us as customers as we know what we are getting every time. (You can look up the accreditations of each company and their products free of charge.)

But yes, the companies who have put the money in for R&D and quality will attempt to make a larger return for the financial risk they have taken, they do this by charging a premium for their premium products.

This isn't intended to reflect on any supplier on this thread, just to explain the reason behind one brand being more expensicve than another.

:clap: said so much better than me :blush:

short answer is no,

disagree.

I would want to know that the spacer is properly balanced and made out of lightweight material. Not something you can get from just a cheap bit of machined metal.