Found a car

garygttdi

Hi all been searching for a car for ages and yes I am on a limited budget so been struggling to locate a decent car, sorry guys but I hate silver. Anyway advice needed please. Found a car the only trouble is it has high mileage 90K however it has a full dealer services history. W Question is should I run away keep looking or go for it. I feel the price matches the mileage and condition is excellent.

Thanks guys ands girls.

:drive1

Don't tun away purely because of the mileage, mine had 83k on it when I bought it and has behaved pretty much perfectly (although is having the drop links replaced next week).

If treated well these engines should run & run & run.

It looks a good car, so long as it's been ramped and stamped it should be alright. The sellers description sounds honest for what it's worth. The exhaust looks a bit random but it's probably ok, I'm not keen on the wheels personally.

High mileage cars can be fine if they've been looked after, motorway miles etc. Are you coming from a Golf Sootchucker?

Nice description of my new Gold GTD 170 BHP soot chucker ( luv it) like it, its my works car . The Z would be a weekend car so not going to be high mileage. No got out of a 305 bhp Sti loved it but the lag on the turbo and the nothing nothing oh my God just got on my tits after a while. Trouble is moving from the soot chucker to the petrol engine requires some discipline on my part, as they require very different driving styles.

I was not implying anyone would go and but it thought we were all winding each other up. I have nothing but respect for Z owners and this forum, way better than others I have belong to. On the whole a really nice bunch with useful and helpful advise, the site sort of matches the cars a little exclusive and bloody good !!

:drive1

No offense meant - I came from a Golf Sootchucker too (MKIV GT TDI 150). I was super impressed with it and always bang on about it being a good value performance diesel (those words always sound a bit wrong in the same sentence!). The engine was great and the handling tidy enough, but it was a tad dull otherwise.

Good luck with your Zed hunt, you won't regret it :drive1

• 2 weeks later...

This one was forsale in Ian Studley's a while ago

This one was forsale in Ian Studley's a while ago, Hi guys it was the one from Ian Studleys checked it out and the give away was the front number plate. Car drove Ok from what I could tell not allowed to drive it. It went OK. Maybe I am expecting to much a lot of corrosion on wiper linkage and under the bonnet from all those M miles salt I suspect. Alloys had all been kerbed and one really bad I would have failed it on MOT myself. Exhaust was fine really neat job. Real shame guy is desperate to sell. It; looked Ok but wanted a new set of discs and pads all-round got a price locally, staggering £1K so walked away.

I hope he sells it though really felt for the guy!

:thumbdown:

You should go for this at that price.

Discs and pads are nowhere near £1000, especially second hand.

I bought a second-hand set up of DBA slotted discs, Ferrodo pads, braided lines and Brembo calipers for £800 - worth £2000 new.

I'm sure you could get standard set up for £400.