cosworth performance cams?

anthonyblue

a buddy of mine has bought them then found out he is having a baby which means the zed iis going, so he offered me them for 350/400 unused in the box....but my zed is totally standard except exhaust and intake system....is there any point? any gains? or shall i tell him to sell them on?

what about the air from the intake, would that be suffiecent to upgrade injectors?....hks twin turbo, long life exhaust, hks racing suction, 440/550 in jectors...to be cosworth cams, kinetix racing intake ( which im hopig to have) racing exhaust manifold ( not sure what though ) and coilovers not sure what and upgraded brakes again not sure what....possibly left some stuff out though....couldnt remember everythin lol

what about the air from the intake, would that be suffiecent to upgrade injectors?....hks twin turbo, long life exhaust, hks racing suction, 440/550 in jectors...to be cosworth cams, kinetix racing intake ( which im hopig to have) racing exhaust manifold ( not sure what though ) and coilovers not sure what and upgraded brakes again not sure what....possibly left some stuff out though....couldnt remember everythin lol

Sounds like a nice setup. Got any pictures? Any chance you could get him to post on here?

was wondering readin a post off the fire breather...bigger injectors would make flames dont you think?

not if you tune the car properly , just fitting the injectors without a remap will make your car run very badly.

Cams we only say to fit if you going to rebuild the motor with higher compression to much work just to fit cams and get a very small return.

Can somebody tell me just why its an engine strip to replace the cams?, certainly doesn't look like it in my manual.

A complete engine strip is not required to replace the cams but best to remove the engine to do the job.

Heads have to come off as well as the complete front end, so easier with the engine out and if you are stripped that far, then you are just as well pulling the pistons and crank and doing a refresh.

Alex.

Can somebody tell me just why its an engine strip to replace the cams?, certainly doesn't look like it in my manual.

A complete engine strip is not required to replace the cams but best to remove the engine to do the job.

Heads have to come off as well as the complete front end, so easier with the engine out and if you are stripped that far, then you are just as well pulling the pistons and crank and doing a refresh.

Alex.

:dummy: Thats alot of work. I did wonder why that wasnt any cammed Z's.

Alex.

Heads off ? surly not, AFAIKS its just the front covers to get at the timing chains,sprockets etc, and just cam bearing caps etc, otherwise it would mean head of in order to replace lifter buckets, should the clearances need attention.

Alex.

Heads off ? surly not, AFAIKS its just the front covers to get at the timing chains,sprockets etc, and just cam bearing caps etc, otherwise it would mean head of in order to replace lifter buckets, should the clearances need attention.

yep it is head off irrc when mine was done .

Alex.

do you have hotter cams? :cloud9:

Alex.

Can you please explain why the heads need to come off? i am a pretty fair mechanic/engineer and having looked at the manual i still fail to see how changing cams can necessitate head removal.

• 5 weeks later...