Anyone got an iphone 4 in a Z, what holder you use

Mark-UK

Check out the brodit range on Amazon. No holes required!

been looking for an ip4 car mount as well, looked at the brodit range but can't tell how they actually connect to the zed??

Hope this might help - click on pic to enlarge. The base plate simply clips into the trim gaps - no damage and you screw whatever phone holder you need onto the base plate and it is on a ball and socket so it pivots. You can have the phone holder with or without a charging lead. Nothing better in my book and I now have one in the 370 that clamps around the 'A' piller see here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=39398&p=588115#p588115

I've got a brodit but did not go for the 350z bracket as its far from cheap. The passthrough cradle I wanted was £35 alone. Could not face another £15 on the bracket.

Remember that if you get any sort of case then it won't bit the normal iPhone cradles. Its bloody annoying that just after getting a decent setup in the car I have to take the case off to put it in the cradle....meaning most of the time I don't bother defeating the point of having it.

I've got a brodit but did not go for the 350z bracket as its far from cheap. The passthrough cradle I wanted was £35 alone. Could not face another £15 on the bracket.

Remember that if you get any sort of case then it won't bit the normal iPhone cradles. Its bloody annoying that just after getting a decent setup in the car I have to take the case off to put it in the cradle....meaning most of the time I don't bother defeating the point of having it.

you bought the wrong cradle then! the link above is the one i have. It's adjustable and fits with any case...

I didn't buy the 'wrong' one. I bought the pucka iPhone cradle with a pass-through connector in which is designed for the iPhone. At the time there was no hint that Apple were going to release a redesigned phone that HAD to have a case (specially as the last two iphones have been fine without a case)

AFAIK there is no iPhone adjustable pass-through bracket other than just the generic mobile one which does not look as nice. The one you have is not suitable for me as it mean plugging the connector in every time which I know I would not be bother doing.