RX8 Owner wanting 350z, Toyota Supra TT Or Silvia

Hi People!!

I'm looking to change from my beloved Mazda RX8.

Thankfully I've never had a problem with it at all but wanting a change!

I've been looking at the 350z's, Toyota Supra TT or a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R!!

I've joined this club to carry out research on the 350's and find out what to look out for when looking for one!

1st question for you guys is what's the difference between a JDM and UK Spec??

Here's a few pics of the RX8

IMG00105-20100612-1721.jpg

IMG00098-20100612-1719.jpg

IMG00095-20100612-1718.jpg

IMG00085-20100612-1716.jpg

Welcome to the site, lovely looking car. You won't endear yourself to the site by asking questions asked 1,000,000 times before. If you search you will find loads of threads on the differences between JDM and UK.

But as you have gone to so much trouble posting pics of your lovely RX8 on a 350z site :bangin: here are just a few

JDM is slightly less powerful, restricted, has non Brembo brakes, Jap dials (KMs) slightly different interior, harder to insure, very quiet exhaust but are much cheaper :thumbs:

Good luck with finding what you are looking for :snack:

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I started searching after I posted this up :blush:

Better of looking for a uk spec Zed then really!

insurance for me on a uk and JDM isn't much difference there's only £48 in it!

I'm trying to find one with the nismo kit already fitted, but the owners are pricing their cars up as if they're all on Cloud 9! LOL

So annoying! LOL

JDM is slightly less powerful - Not true, restricted, has non Brembo brakes - Models S and ST do, Jap dials (KMs), slightly different interior - really?, harder to insure, very quiet exhaust but are much cheaper :thumbs:

Here is a cracking Nismo kitted import for sale WITH Brembos, maybe still limited though.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=38145

Thats nice!!!

But black...

Don't really like 350's in black as it doesnt show all the lines the car has to offer!

I still don't know what I want though!

Do I want to stay NA or got Turbo!!

:wacko:

JDM is slightly less powerful - Not true, restricted, has non Brembo brakes - Models S and ST do, Jap dials (KMs), slightly different interior - really?, harder to insure, very quiet exhaust but are much cheaper :thumbs:

Ooops I didn't mean less powerful I meant restricted, been a long week.... didn't realise there were different JDM models either :blush: but there are quite a few small interior differences if you look really really hard ;)

Ooops I didn't mean less powerful I meant restricted, been a long week.... didn't realise there were different JDM models either :blush: but there are quite a few small interior differences if you look really really hard ;)

Whats the interior differences? I can't say I've noticed..... Besides things like missing or extra switchgear due to spec levels.

:welcome:

you have choose 2 different types of cars there. Fast tourers e.g. the 350z and supra and a more performance orientated s15. S15 will be the fastest standard and with a bit of money thrown in. If you want faster the supra needs alot of money but you can get alot of bhp.

Biggest change will be driving style although the 350 doesnt have a turbo it still has low down grunt. :thumbs: Also JDM's usually make a few extra bhp. :thumbs:

Well just for an update I've seen a blue JDM 350z with the sexy Nismo Wheels!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I've sent him a quick email on a part ex with the mazda as I'd rather part ex or swap as it will save me ALOT of hassle! LOL

Let's see what he says!!

:snack:

Thanks for the compliments on the RX.

Another question as I can't really get a definitive answer whilst searching what's the auto box like in the Zed's?

I would go for the Supra TT mate

It maybe biased me being a Supra TT owner.

Depends how much money you want to spend.

For a good TT6 with 50k your looking at 10k. There 330bhp, 0-60 in 5 seconds standerd but with just 2k spent on it, going up to 1.2 bar of boost puts it up to 400 -420bhp. Any more power you want to go single Turbo which will put you in the 600bhp and up range. To go single though your looking a min 10k upwards depending on what type of kit you want. If your can push your budget to 13k there are some single supras about which will save you a few pennys.

Its one of the best handling cars i have driven,

Welcome Taz,that mazda of yours looks well nice. you have obviously looked after it.

i would go for a supra, maybe older but they are next level i feel. i have drove one and the handling is superb. plus the looks still shows most cars up!

good look in the search.

mplavery - I've always wanted a Supra TT then straight after a Skyline R34.

I've always wanted the R34 but my insurance is a killer on it!!

£2660 :( where as the supra my insurance is £1150. My insurance will be £1200 on a R34 when im 25 so I've got 2 years!!

Its a mad dilemma I've got myself into! LOL

There's a nice Supra on at the moment but the seller isn't returning my calls or emails :(

Mattygcup - Are you from Wolverhampton?? I'm sure you had a Clio 197 or have you just recently bought this number plate??

Shaun 1982 - I'll check your's out.

:thumbs:

Shaun - I've had a look at your's It's a nice car but has no leathers :(

Unbashed - Thanks for those links alot of useful information there! Stopped me from actually doing my work :thumbs:

Im leaning more towards the Supra TT but can't find one that ticks all of the boxes!

Well just for an update I've seen a blue JDM 350z with the sexy Nismo Wheels!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I've sent him a quick email on a part ex with the mazda as I'd rather part ex or swap as it will save me ALOT of hassle! LOL

Let's see what he says!!

:snack:

Thanks for the compliments on the RX.

Another question as I can't really get a definitive answer whilst searching what's the auto box like in the Zed's?

They are not Nismo wheels.....