Car tax..

GruntBoy

Hi Guys,

Currently own a CTR but will be changing to a 350z some time before Xmas.

One thing I can't seem to find the definite answer for (and sorry if it's here somewhere, but I couldn't find it) is car tax. Am I right in thinking all 350s before April 06 are on the 225 pounds a year car tax, and all after are 400 pounds?

I'll be in the market for something around 55 - 56 plate. But think I'll stick to 55 if the car tax is going to nearly double..

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. If anyone else has gone from a previous shape (mine is 05) reg CTR to a 350z I'd love to hear your opinions please :)

Cheers for the replies guys.

I went from same car as you mate - very glad I did as well! I do miss the CTR for a few reasons though, but the looks alone of the zed make up for it. :thumbs:

Anything other than costs of running it mate? Suppose practicality too?

I went from CTR to S2000 and 350z

My S2000 was £405 per year tax

The zed i got is a 55plate with onyl £215 per year tax. Yes it may only be peanuts to some people to pay the extra £200 per year for facelift

The differences for facelift is nicer headlamps, LED rear lights and centre console and door cards are a bit more practical but asthetically very little different.

I do much prefer to pay £215 per year as oppose to £405 per year as I have £200 extra to spend on mods! :teeth:

Having said that my personal circumtances are that I have a house to pay for on my own and I am not a huge money maker so whilst I could afford to pay for £400 i'd prefer to pay £215 and have the extra money for mods

Cheers for the replies guys.

I went from same car as you mate - very glad I did as well! I do miss the CTR for a few reasons though, but the looks alone of the zed make up for it. :thumbs:

Anything other than costs of running it mate? Suppose practicality too?

running costs are slightly more but nothing serious, insurance was actually £300 cheaper :scare:

I miss the CTR gearbox as it was much smoother and the gearing made the engine feel more exciting, driving style is completely different but once you get used to actually having torque its nice to cruise around without changing gear every few seconds.

Practicality isnt too bad as my gf has the sensible car for lugging crap around in :thumbs:

All in all I'm glad I upgraded, even the forum is 100 times better! :lol:

For me the S2000 was more expensive to run (as you have to have it in VTEC to get the most enjoyment out of it)

I got a nice refund against the zed from insurance when I changed.

However if the zed had the gearbox of the S2000....... :drive1

Thanks again for all your replies guys.

Would just like to say what a nice bunch you seem - without wishing to blow smoke up your ar5es! :)

Makes a nice change from a lot of other forums.

Looking forward to joining the fold ASAP!

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks again for all your replies guys.

Would just like to say what a nice bunch you seem - without wishing to blow smoke up your ar5es! :)

Makes a nice change from a lot of other forums.

Looking forward to joining the fold ASAP!

Thanks,

Steve

yeah, it's much more helpful here than over on the CTR forum :lol:

either:

In the 1700's a new method of resuscitation was used. This "new" procedure involved blowing tobacco smoke into the victim's rectum. According to the literature, smoke was first blown into an animal bladder, then into the victim's rectum. It was used successfully by North American Indians and American colonists an introduced in England in 1767.

Or:

During WWI, in the trenches, at night, the snipers would shoot at anyone that they could see above the level of the trench. The allies started using dummies to draw their fie and would then fire back at the muzzle flash. After a while the snipers got smart and waited to see a sign of life from the figure they saw so the allies ran a tube up the back leading to the mouth. They would push the dummy up enough to be seen and then blow smoke through the tube so that it looked like it was being blown out by the dummy and would shoot at it. Hence, "Don't blow smoke up my ass" meaning don't make me out to be a dummy.

Or:

The phrase "blowing smoke", meaning to deceive and/or distract, has been around for years. The "up ones ass" part is a fairly new addition. The origin of the "blowing smoke" part is from stage magic, where magicians use smoke to hide their actions or to distract the audience. So if your actions were meant to distract or deceive, you were said to be blowing smoke. Of course, anyone who studies American slang knows that pretty much any phrase can be improved by adding a reference to someones ass, so I suppose it's inevitable the that is where the smoke would eventually be blown.