Next years project...

MattMe

So I know it's a long way off, even still I'm always looking.

Basically I'm after a weekend car next year, either a project or not, but probably will end up being some sort of project.

I'm just after your thoughts on a cool weekend car. My favourite would be a 240z and plop a V8 in it. I used to have a facelift Mk1 Capri with a V8 in and wouldn't mind another of those, plus they're much cheaper than the 240z.

No necessarly looking for classics/older cars but they're normally cheaper and fairly light so go pretty fast with a nice big 8 cylinder engine in there. Also quite like the Manta A. yum. Not sure on room under the bonnet for a V8 though? (anyone else notice a reoccuring theme here?)

I was looknig at a Tuscan or similar but I've gone off them recently, I think they're starting to look a bit dated, and not in a classic sort of way. Like the T350 but they're out of my budget. Probably looking for around £10k in totalish, either bought as complete or a few grand on a standard to upgrade to something silly...

Quite like the look of a Stratos kit car (Hawk etc) but they don't often come up for sale and when they do they ain't cheap either.

My brother's got a Tiger kit car (Lotus 7 style) which I do like, but not really after something like that. Plus I can drive his anyway :thumbs:

Give me some things to start looking at! In return I'll build/buy it and put up some pictures :D

Some top idas (apart from the baja :p )

I looked at the Cobra kits. Not sure if they're what I'm after. Never driven one but I imagine them to be more a cruiser and scary in corners. Anyone got an experience of these?

Westfield V8 is an idea, but like I said there's already a 200BHP, 200ft/lb 7 style car I can drive :drive1

It's an ST170 engine with race ECU and throttle bodies. Nice.

I think the 240z is still top of my list but they fetch so much if they're not rottern. Don't know if I could ever afford one. Maybe just save EVEN longer...

Until then I'll keep my beady out.

:snack:

260s are cheaper..... ;)

How about getting a yank muscle car?

Apex are doing newer nissans 200SX / Silvias with V8 kits and they aren't badly priced. I think they do R32 / R33 skylines too.

Mark 1 Capri witha V8 :)

Guy i know (old boy) who's spent his life as a mechanic built one few years ago. I remember when he bought the car, it was like swiss cheese! I said what the hell is that!.... lol

2 Years later, the whole car was completely rebuilt, New parts, reconditioned parts, Uprated parts, LSD, Wilwood brakes, fully restored and re sprayed, was absolutley mint, oh and a 5.0 Chevy V8, hand made headers, uprated this and that! :)

The thing has done few trips up the strip, only running in the 13s but thats due to no being able to get the power down, just spins everywhere :)

He just goes up straight roads sideways lol. If you want fun, thats a project!

My favourite would be a 240z and plop a V8 in it. I used to have a facelift Mk1 Capri with a V8 in and wouldn't mind another of those, plus they're much cheaper than the 240z.

Yes a V8 will fit into a 240z. We have a few here running V8's. One running a Super Charged LS1. Goes like a rocket. Fully caged with all the goodies, running about 500hp + at the shoes, weighs about 1000kgs.

I'm sure I've also seen quite a few on the zclub.net forum running Jag & Rover engines.

260s are cheaper..... ;)

Still a lovely looking car the 260's. B)

Still a lovely looking car the 260's. B)

The 260z 2 seaters look identical to the 240z to me (nearly bought one before the 350z).

The 4 seater are just plain wrong. Insulting, even.

:thumbdown:

Would love a 240z V8. How much would one of them set you back?

The 260z 2 seaters look identical to the 240z to me (nearly bought one before the 350z).

The 4 seater are just plain wrong. Insulting, even.

:thumbdown:

Would love a 240z V8. How much would one of them set you back?

Each Zed has it's own charm. :) There are few subtle differences between the 240 & 260, especially when you see them sat side by side.

Can't help you with a cost of V8 240z in the Uk, as I'm the other end of the pond. :lol: