Fish anyone?

Zugara

this is my other baby. its 2200 litre marine tank built into my wall on the first floor of our house.

this is when first set up with no fish

[attachment=2]2667_73022027016_573907016_1747745_1771184_n.jpg[/attachment]

not the best pics but first ones i found

[attachment=1]11032010218.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]11032010221.JPG[/attachment]

That looks great............ :thumbs: alot of time and effort put into this ............. B)

Awsome tanks here guy's, I love marine set up's! Tropical can be great, but the vibrant colours of marine just blow you away!

I was always warned off marine, not because of cost, but because of upkeep maintenance such as constantly checking water chemical levels etc, apparently a lot of work. Is this true? (in comparison to a tropical)

Awsome tanks here guy's, I love marine set up's! Tropical can be great, but the vibrant colours of marine just blow you away!

I was always warned off marine, not because of cost, but because of upkeep maintenance such as constantly checking water chemical levels etc, apparently a lot of work. Is this true? (in comparison to a tropical)

Once the system is setup an mature - checks only really need to be done once a week etc.

Checks include: ammonia levels, nitrite levels, nitrate level - copper, pH, temp, salinity, phosphate and so on! But the bigger the tank, the more stable it is - and a fortnightly 10% water change should keep everything right

Once the system is setup an mature - checks only really need to be done once a week etc.

Checks include: ammonia levels, nitrite levels, nitrate level - copper, pH, temp, salinity, phosphate and so on! But the bigger the tank, the more stable it is - and a fortnightly 10% water change should keep everything right

Cheers, that doesn't sound as bad as I was lead to believe.

So the bigger it is, the easier to maintain? That kinda ruins my idea of buying a small tank and learning the basics first :headhurt:

Lovely set ups you guys have there. :thumbs: Also after a marine tank in the future but as i work in the aquatic maintenace game the last thing i want to do when i get home is more cleaning!! maybe one day when i actually get time to sit back and enjoy it.

Yep - bigger is better as the greater the volume of water, the more stable it is. Saying that, I have had a couple of Nano-Cubes and they were easy to maintain - google 'nano cube' for more info :thumbs:

I have a nanocube marine tank.

I want a big ass one but thought I'd learn the hard way. Less stable BUT less live stock.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but it's great to see some other fish keepers. Unfortunately when I moved out and a got a new job working ridiculous hours I had to pack it all up and sell it. I've kept fish for 15+ years.

Here's a few of my tanks over the time...

When I kept small marine sharks/rays/eels:

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

This was my tropical set up for when I kept rare L number plecs such as Zebras etc:

IMG_0448.jpg

I've got more on another photobucket account but I can't remember my username or pass for it... I'll try find it.