Insurance after dangerous driving ban

350zpete

Hi Guys

A mate of mine is looking to buy a zed! :thumbs:

He was banned for a year for dangerous driving (although i thought it wasnt dangerous B))

He had a clean licience upto the ban, it was just a simple get off the road for a year!

Anyone been in any similar situations??

dangerous driving i'm guessing he'll be a high insurance risk, will be like having points on the license will have ot declare it for up to 5 years after the event. and the first 2-3 years will be the worst for insurance.

might be worth trying some of the ones you find in the back of car mags specifically designed for people who had driving offenses etc.

isn't it consecutive speeding offences, eventually reaching 12 points?

This is correct.... I remember being in the court room (and being in the early 90's) Men Behaving Badly was on tv - they would refer women to Totty.

So there's me in the court and the court informed me that I will have my licence removed for TOTTING! I thought eh - for girls? She repeated and said "No - for offending so often and collecting too many points".

Ah I see!!

In all I collected 21 points before I learnt my lesson!! I've not had a point on my licence now for over 6 years, so looks like I'm a good boy now! :#1:

How old is the guy? Tbh after a dangerous driving conviction no sensible insurance company is going to want to touch him in a performance car (and rightly so IMHO) so he's going to have to suck it up and drive something rubbish for a few years.

Best place to look for insurers for convicted drivers is in the back of Max Power and the likes. Usually tons of ads in there, I've got no idea if they're any good or not as I'm a wonderful driver with no current convictions on my licence :p

Hi Guys

A mate of mine is looking to buy a zed! :thumbs:

He was banned for a year for dangerous driving (although i thought it wasnt dangerous B))

He had a clean licience upto the ban, it was just a simple get off the road for a year!

Anyone been in any similar situations??

Whats the offence code?

He is now 26

He will be safe enough in the car - he does a bit of rally driving :thumbs:

He had a clean licence since 17, dont think he believed it when they took it off him for the year after a first offence!!

Im unsure of the code but it was only a simple ban no one was hurt or no cars damaged etc, just a police man that had a jealous head on as he couldnt afford a nice car :lol: