Cleaning steering wheel?

Wasso

I know it sounds bonkers, although would like to clean my steering wheel, this being the leather part of the wheel.

I had a thought that my Leather Seat solution would be ideal for this, as the steering wheel is wrapped in leather.

Although, I thought I'd punt the question to see what other members use to clean their steering wheel?!

Hmmm I'd like to get some of the 40k miles hand grime off, I don't think water alone will do this?

I may give the wheel some leather cleaning solution to see how it goes.... although like you say, I don't like it being slippy also!

Hmmm I'd like to get some of the 40k miles hand grime off, I don't think water alone will do this?

I may give the wheel some leather cleaning solution to see how it goes.... although like you say, I don't like it being slippy also!

A leather cleaner and condition would do the job? Some of that Zymol stuff is meant to be good I hear.

When I bought the MX5 I was surprised that the leather rim on the wheel seemed to have faded. That was in November and it wasn't until the sun came out in April and I took the top down that I realised that it was 60k miles of the previous owners make-up covered hands that had actually caked the thing in make-up! :yuck::surrender:

It was a sod to get off as the stuff had got right into all the wrinkles in the leather but looked much better afterwards. Just used some household leather cleaning wipes. :thumbs:

I just use the Autglym leather cleaner and then the Autoglym leather care cream. No issues with grip afterwards...

+1, works very well.

+2 Kept my leather in great condition all round the car. :)

And moved. :)

• 2 weeks later...
When I bought the MX5 I was surprised that the leather rim on the wheel seemed to have faded. That was in November and it wasn't until the sun came out in April and I took the top down that I realised that it was 60k miles of the previous owners make-up covered hands that had actually caked the thing in make-up! :yuck::surrender:

says everything about mx5 owners :lol: