Cheap oil in tesco

Mitch

Lucky you, Magnatec is the single worst oil I can think of to put in any car, much less a performance one. Do yourselves a favour and don't scrimp on your oil, it's not worth it. :)

+1

Castrol are a bit naughty.

Looked at this in Costco and the label says fully synthetic "ENGINEERING" not fully synthetic oil :dry:

Not all fully synthetic oils are the same either. So Tescos own brand Fully synthetic oil cannot be compared to Castrol Edge/Mobil 1/Motul etc.

Saying that, I'm sure for normal use it won't kill the zed, just might be better stuff for similar money ;)

Castrol are a bit naughty.

Looked at this in Costco and the label says fully synthetic "ENGINEERING" not fully synthetic oil :dry:

Not all fully synthetic oils are the same either. So Tescos own brand Fully synthetic oil cannot be compared to Castrol Edge/Mobil 1/Motul etc.

Saying that, I'm sure for normal use it won't kill the zed, just might be better stuff for similar money ;)

if you put magnatec in i'd want to do an oil change after about 1k. its just not up to the job.

I didn't realize it was that bad it came as one of the recomended oils for zed ??

i'd go for fuchs silkolene plus

motul

or royal purple (my personal favourite)

opie will do the first 2, and the chilli red store can do the RP

I have spent many an evening trawling through the VQ oil analysis thread on th my350z.com site by RESOLUTE. This led me to use Mobil 1 0W40 as my oil of choice (£19.99 +vat for 4l at Costco)

see link below if you are sad enough like me :blush:

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-driv ... -info.html

If you just want a quick summary of findings here is one quote from RESOLUTE/Will

Resolute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biochem7

can we use 0w-40 in the Z?

Absolutely. Check the Oil Analysis sticky right below this one. M1 0W-40 is one of the best performing oils so far in the VQ. In that same thread, there is a list of manufacturer specs for various oil's viscosities. M1 0W-40 is included, and from that you can see it is a thin 40 weight, or a really thick 30 weight depending on how you look at it. Either way, it is not so thick as to be overkill or have adverse affects for NA use if that's your concern. Besides being one of the few oils to meet Porsche's standards for the GT cars, it is also one of the few to meet GM 4718M certification- the unique spec created by General Motors for Corvette oil. It’s a high-temperature requirement that tolerates less oxidation (thickening) and volatility (boil-off) on a standard engine test called Sequence 111E according to engineer Bob Olree of GM Powertrain. It is voluntary for oil companies to let their oil be tested for approval, so there are other oils not certified that would probably qualify, but M1 0W-40 is one of the few that sought the certification and that alone is a good sign of the quality of this oil for NA use.

Will

afer working for a rather well known oil company developing new car oils i will second that - mobil oil bar none, with mobil 1 being the flagship product.

shame its so damn expensive, mainly due to the enormous mark up costs applied to 'premium' oils