More Th<n a nightmare

bakseedaa

I am supposed to be picking my 370z black edition up in 2 hours but thanks to more th>n insurance its not looking good :angry:

i payed them for my insurance for the car last saturday and they said they would send copies to both myself and the dealer so the car could be taxed.

as yet all they have sent is a useless fax to the dealer which anybody could have written and totally useless for taxation purposes.

despite my many phone calls to them they say it is against company policy to email or fax legal documents and that the policy will be with me this morning :dots:

so here i am now with the day booked off work, my lift to St Helens coming at 10.00am and if the postman doesnt come with the policy i will be knackered :rant:

more th>n have ruined what should be one of the best days of my life :rant::rant:

thanks for listening to my rant got to go now and check if the postmans coming down the road :byebye:

Thats really annoying, this should be a great day and its clearly not going well.

I had a similar issue when buying a Honda and was amazed to find that Honda give a free weeks insurance with the car. Obviously they are hoping that you will convert to a full policy but you just fill in a form online which is then downloadable by the dealer who can then tax it.

Come on Nissan, get with the programme. :)

Feel for you bud, that is soooo annoying! Can they not email you the policy so you can print it off? Or download it as suggested. Tell them that you demand to speak to their manager. Countless other insurers can do this right, so I dont see why they cant. Threaten to terminate your policy that will get them listening.

Thats really annoying, this should be a great day and its clearly not going well.

I had a similar issue when buying a Honda and was amazed to find that Honda give a free weeks insurance with the car. Obviously they are hoping that you will convert to a full policy but you just fill in a form online which is then downloadable by the dealer who can then tax it.

Come on Nissan, get with the programme. :)

Annoyingly Nissan do provide drive away insurance, but their provider wont do 370z or GTR! :rant:

Why dont you try someone like Chris Knott or Sky insurance this morning and see what tyhey can do!

Chris Knotts has always been much cheaper than any other mainstream and they did me a cover note on the pronto!

You got nothing to lose if More than have bodged up!

I recently insured a car using First point insurance brokers. They set up the policy and emailed the certificate to the dealers and myself within an hour.

I have no idea how they compare on price for the 370z though. They got fairly close to the price I was quoted for my car from the likes of direct line etc, but with the added assurance that if any repairs are needed they are only done by a manufacturer approved repairer, rather than the standard Direct Line approved bodyshop etc.

hiya chris tried that but you just get passed around as yet not got through to anyone slightly interested

just been on to the Middlehurst ann Nissan do a seven day insurance but not for the GT-R or 370 :bang:

Have you told them you want to cancel your policy? As with more things like this, as soon as you want your money back, they start to listen. You will also have to be firm and tell them you want to speak to management.

hiya chris tried that but you just get passed around as yet not got through to anyone slightly interested

just been on to the Middlehurst ann Nissan do a seven day insurance but not for the GT-R or 370 :bang:

Strange, as Nisaan (or the provider) did 7 days free cover for my 350Z so it could be taxed by the dealer.

Strange, as Nisaan (or the provider) did 7 days free cover for my 350Z so it could be taxed by the dealer.

Aviva who it is underwritten by, wont provide cover for the 370z or GTR, they will however provide it for pre-owned 350z's due to the lesser cost.

I just had a similar experience with my VXR8

The dealer insisted on seeing the orginal of my insurance certificate. But since they wouldnt give me an exact day I could collect the car, I refused to take out a policy.

Once I got a date, I called Sky Insurance, took out the policy, and a perfect scanned copy of my cover note was with me within 20 mins, and the dealer 5 mins after that so they could go tax it.

And Sky beat all previous quotes by a good £200!

I don't get it regarding the 7 day insurance?

I used this for getting my car taxed so they do insure the 370z as part of the Nissan drive away?

Get back on to the dealer and tell them it can be done, I've still got the quote in my inbox. This is Nissan 7 day cover?

Deffo can be done. Is it an age thing, I'm an old git 44?

I don't get it regarding the 7 day insurance?

I used this for getting my car taxed so they do insure the 370z as part of the Nissan drive away?

Get back on to the dealer and tell them it can be done, I've still got the quote in my inbox. This is Nissan 7 day cover?

Deffo can be done. Is it an age thing, I'm an old git 44?

Is that the one underwritten by Aviva? They give you a yellow leaflet for it? If so, they told me and the dealership they wouldnt do it. Wasnt a problem for me, Admiral arranged the cover instantly and sent over the cover note. If anything, its either a different underwriter, or Aviva just arent consistent in what they insure :surrender:

Not remembering your insurance rules over there etc, but could you not take a copy of the certificate along with you, and they could phone the insurance company whilst you are in situ at the dealers to verify the details??

Not remembering your insurance rules over there etc, but could you not take a copy of the certificate along with you, and they could phone the insurance company whilst you are in situ at the dealers to verify the details??

With a new car, they need the insurance certificate to tax the car. As you dont normally have cover start until the day you pick up the car (as it cancels cover on you previous car), they dont send out the cover note until that day usually. Now 99.9% of insurers will get a cover note to a dealership either by fax or email, but for some reason More Than have decided thats not for them, so the car wont have been able to be taxed :bangin:

Don't know if it's the arviva one or not, I did it over the phone with the dealer and I got an email within a few minutes with my 7 day cover and an annual premium offer.

The insurance scheme is called 'nissan free to go' and is administered by Equity Direct Broking if that helps.

Seems to me dealers are making the rules up as they go

Don't know if it's the arviva one or not, I did it over the phone with the dealer and I got an email within a few minutes with my 7 day cover and an annual premium offer.

The insurance scheme is called 'nissan free to go' and is administered by Equity Direct Broking if that helps.

Seems to me dealers are making the rules up as they go

Sounds like a different one to me. Doesnt supprise me with Nissan :lol: