Why do people leave the 350z

tez162003

Well last year I was torn between the S2000 and 350z but ended up with an S2000 and loved every minute of it. Much more sports focus in terms of drivabilty and the gearbox and 9krpm was nothing short of exhilarating

Decided to sell up and get a 350z not because I didn't like the S2000 but I just fancied a change and since owning the Zed I realise that this is more fit for my needs and purpose.

i went the other way, the zed is a lovely car but got bored, had it for about 16 months which is good going for me. 2 years is still my car record with my MR2 roadster. and part of the reason i've gone back to soft top motoring.

the s2000 just fits more of my wants and needs than the zed did.

glad i owned it but glad to move on as well. the itch came quicker than i expected with the zed.

been driving with the roof down and the music up loud and i've found myself actually smiling while i drive, something i never did in the zed. :shrug:

Hmmm You never smiled when you drove the Zed.... Musta been doing something wrong! You did take it over 30mph didnt you?

yes and i took it on track days etc, i liked it and it was fun but just never gave me that "je ne se qa" (cant spell)

not saying i didn't enjoy the zed, just saying the S2K is better suited to my driving style and car wants.

as for buying a zed convertible, i'm sorry but they look like a big ford KA, no offense, but the coupe was the better looking of the 2. the 370z has addressed alot of those issues and as a roadster the 370Z is a good looker.

As much as i have been avoiding this subject, i felt the itch about a 2 months ago...dont have the zed anymore!!! Was needing more seats, more mpg and just something that would save me money. So about 2 weeks ago i got myself something...different...a diesel...5 seats and from what other people have come up to me and said "a better looking car than the zed" personally, i dont think that but ive been very surprised with the reaction.

...just sounds like a tractor :lol:

crappy pic, but you get the idea

31137101502083071405016.jpg

so its its a mitsubishi lancer 2.0d-id gs4 version. leather seats all round, 30gb touch screen music server with sat nav n aparently dvd player. pretty much looks like an evo (so much so my friend along the road who has an evo has been goin about telling people i have an evo). saving over £500 a year on insurance, about £100 on road tax. i get between 40-50mpg, put £40 of diesel in when i got the car, still have enough for another week! so 3 weeks on £40 of diesel, SWEET! i was going through about £80 a week in the zed. I do miss the zed, but right now in my life this is exactly what i need. once i've settled down i'll get a sporty thing again.

Plus, if i was keeping the zed, i was needing 2 front new tyres, road tax, electric window was needing fixed, im sure there was some more. cant remember right now.

Sadly though im gonna stick around here. Dont fancy starting a new forum called 'I Wish I Had An Evo Club' :blush:

Seeing your Gallardo reminded me of this photo you posted... B)

Ski004.jpg

Was that the one where we couldnt work out which was the lambo and which was the skip due to the colour match :)

Yes I am only Jealous sarnie ;)

I think I initially took the picture incase any @*!# from the skip blew onto my car :surrender: It was that or park 2 miles away :headhurt:

I reckon if I had a limb removed, I would miss it less than this car............... :scare:

Would have to be the left leg..... Just incase you ever got another one!!

Gotta be the itch in most cases. Sure as hell was for me. Evaluating the options left me with just one, and I am so glad I waited. Have to agree with Rich slightly, in that I wasnt getting a smile on my face with the Zed, except for places like Wales where you could really drive it. The new Zed is not as much a brute, but damn good fun for hacking about, and the smile is back. I think its mostly down to getting used to the power you have and not fully exploiting it as much, getting complaicant with it. Since getting the new Zed, I've had more spirited drives and the love is definately back :drive1

once again, seeing pictures of cars like that makes me feel yet again like the poorest 350z-uk member lol.

i could only dream of a car like that lol although i have driven one one, and used to change tyres on cars like that regualarly.

Anyone got a spare £80k odd, they dont need and fancy buying me a nice supercar ;)

once again, seeing pictures of cars like that makes me feel yet again like the poorest 350z-uk member lol.

i could only dream of a car like that lol although i have driven one one, and used to change tyres on cars like that regualarly.

Anyone got a spare £80k odd, they dont need and fancy buying me a nice supercar ;)

Naaa dont waste your money get a proper one - NSX :lol: