Many moons ago...

GhostyDog

I came on here with the intention of seeking out and introducing myself to the ownership of a 350z

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9660

Things didn't go entirely to plan though and instead I ended up swapping my 1.6 Alfa 147 for one with a bigger engine in the guise of a 147 GTA. Well two years down the road and with 10K gone in upgrades, fixing it when it breaks down and fuel (15mpg average damn it cos of living in the pennines) I'm on the hunt for a new car again and I'm thinking it's time to scratch that 350z itch.

Probably looking at a 2005 300 bhp GT spec car or if I can swing it a 2007 GT spec in blue grey or black and getting along to some meets.

Unfortunately my Alfa was recently hit by a muppet on a roundabout who changed lanes into the side of me so still waiting for insurance companies to battle out who is going to pay for the damage fixing as the other insurer says I was at fault even though he was looking at the sat nav held in the hand of his passenger when he hit me :thumbdown:

Looking forward to the experience. :D

Sean

Hi Sean and welcome back. Thats a nice place to live. :)

Ah, i'll need to update that don't live there any more, your domicile aint bad either, spent most of my childhood wandering the lakeland fells with my parents, lots of horrible memories of being dragged up mountains, odd that I don;t seem to mind now :lol:

I am sure you will get the :D factor you want with 350 ownership.

Just a small point - the 296 (300) bhp UK ZEDS (MY06 models) were not generally available until the autumn of 2006 - be careful as a lot of traders and even owners try to pass the pre-facelift version as something they are not. Having said that unless you are particularly keen to get the facelift there is certainly nothing wrong with the earlier 276 (MY03 models) - in fact having experienced both I can honestly say I found the 276 engine more suited to the 350.

Also be careful if you are aiming for the MY07 models (309bhp) - again some of the earlier MY06 get offered as these.

Always ask on here if you not sure when you see something you fancy :thumbs:

Hi Sean and welcome back. Thats a nice place to live. :)

Ah, i'll need to update that don't live there any more, your domicile aint bad either, spent most of my childhood wandering the lakeland fells with my parents, lots of horrible memories of being dragged up mountains, odd that I don;t seem to mind now :lol:

Sounds like Rhubarb to me. ;)

I am sure you will get the :D factor you want with 350 ownership.

Just a small point - the 296 (300) bhp UK ZEDS (MY06 models) were not generally available until the autumn of 2006 - be careful as a lot of traders and even owners try to pass the pre-facelift version as something they are not. Having said that unless you are particularly keen to get the facelift there is certainly nothing wrong with the earlier 276 (MY03 models) - in fact having experienced both I can honestly say I found the 276 engine more suited to the 350.

Also be careful if you are aiming for the MY07 models (309bhp) - again some of the earlier MY06 get offered as these.

Always ask on here if you not sure when you see something you fancy :thumbs:

Thanks for the extra info, I'd read (I think on wikipedia) that the 300 engine (is it 300bhp???) was first introduced with the GT4 car and then mainstreamed in mid to late 2005 good to know that info is wrong then.

If i do get an earlier car I'll probably be swapping the bonnet for a 07 one for no other reason than I think it looks better :) I am looking for a decent upgrade in power though, my Alfa is putting out 262bhp at the mo so I'm not sure the earlier cars would provide any real gain for me which is why I'm looking at newer ones. Mind you is the chasis on the later ones tuned in anyway to compensate for the bigger power of did they just stick the new engine in the same car?

Cheers

Sean