Hello All.. appologies for starting with a Q!

I picked up my 350z last weekend after wanting one since they were launched and the wait was worth it!! 56 plate Gunmetal GT. I've only done a couple hundred miles in it so far but have noticed a 'noise'.. it may be completely normal but I've read a few posts on here about gearbox bearings and the like...

It's only really noticeable at lower speeds/rev's as it's not overly loud but it sounds like the old AM radios used to sound back in the day.. when you accererate you get a 'whirring' sound. Only happens when accelerating, so no noise if cruising or idling on the drive.

It's my first proper 'sports car' (as my 2 year old son likes to call it) so that may just be down to the larger than average engine and all the machinery that's needed to keep her tame enough to drive... anyway... if you have any idea's please let me know

Cheers!

Does the sound stop/not noticeable when you put it into 3rd?

Sounds very much like whats going on with mine. I'm still waiting to get a diagnostic done and then the warranty work done but R35LEE was a massive help with my problem and he had a pretty good idea on what he thought it was......trouble is, i can remember what he said it was!! :doh:

Just a random thought, but this car hasnt had an aftermarket air filter has it? Could it possibly be the intake noise that you are hearing, or is it deffinitely transmission related?

I know the Zed was the first car I could hear the intake noise on.

Does it do it in neutral when slowly increasing the revs?

Oh and yes you can get a club sticker. You can either buy one now for £4 - click on merchandise on the top menu, or you can wait until you get to 350 posts and claim one for free :):thumbs: