Compliments/comments

Demolition49

Today parking up i was at the gym

and some guy walking past said that is a beautiful car youve got i could sit and listen to it all day!

I said cheers and he walked off! Felt well chuffed with my Z after that! :yahoo:

What sort of comments do you all get? Good and bad!

I have a crack in my front bumper, which currently sports 2 x Mr Bump plasters.

I was at a petrol station today, and heard to lads walking past (CTR and a civic coupe) laughing and saying how class it was, and that they want them!

I went to an autofactors down the road last year when I noticed my oil was nearly on minimum and was stood outside filling her up when two yoofs walked past.

'Nah M8, thats carz da bolox doh, innit.' or something to that effect. I was half expecting an empty fag packet to be thrown over the fence or something, but rather than telling them politely to go fourth and multiply (they were 15, afterall) I just said

'Thanks. You into cars then?' and before I knew it I had a new best mate, looking al round it, asking loads of questions and just being genuinely enthusiastic about it.

Bless.

Other than that, I usually get 'You must be getting paid too much' from people at work. I used to try and defend myself by explaining that new focus they just bought cost twice as muchm, and will depreciate by the value of my car in a few years. Falls on deaf ears, I'm afriad. It is annoying though when I've been saving for around 4 years, sold all my other cars and wordly possesions for what I consider to be a fairly sensible car, just to be put down as if I were being flippsnt. Fury!

alweays nice to get a compliment though :thumbs:

Last summer I went on a road trip round the North of Scotland and one morning went through for breakfast at my B&B, meeting the other guests as I did so. They were an English couple in their fifties who had travelled North to look at a boat they were considering buying but all the guy wanted to talk about was my orange Japanese "SUPERCAR" (his word, not mine!) that was sitting in the driveway.

He talked about it all through breakfast and then when I went to leave and carry on my trip he insisted on walking me out to the car and having a look around and a seat in it.

Thing is, the previous day I had hit a deer which was lying (already dead) in the middle of the road. I was unsighted because of the Range Rover in front of me which of course easily cleared it, no such luck for the low slung Zed. I clattered it at about 40 despite slamming on the brakes and was dismayed to discover the underside panel had been knocked loose and was scraping the ground. With no garages for miles around I ingeniously tied it up with 2 shoelaces to stop it scraping. He didn't seem to notice!

I also, at the time, had a slightly warped brake disc at the front which scraped audibly whenever I hard locked the steering to left so I was hoping he wasn't going to stick around to watch me reverse out the driveway. Of course he did and probably went back into the house thinking those cars aren't all they're cracked up to be!

I stopped at the services last week and was reversing in to a space, as I turned back round in my seat there were two little faces pressed up against the drivers window :scare:

..... "can we look at your car mister". As they were looking round it their dad came over and said "you've just made their day, all I bloody hear is 350z this, 350z that..........."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The most recent comment I've had was from a random girl at my brother's wedding:

I was being introduced to a group of people by my brother and one of the girls said: "You're the one with the nice car..."

I didn't really know what to say so just said Thanks!

LoL

The most recent comment I've had was from a random girl at my brother's wedding:

I was being introduced to a group of people by my brother and one of the girls said: "You're the one with the nice car..."

LoL

"Yes I am, and I'm staying in room 35 ;) " should have been your reply :teeth:

I have had a few nice cars, but the number of compliments my Z gets is amazing. Got another one this morning and would say i get a positive comment every few days (have had the car 5 months now). Also helps if you keep it all nice and shiny :thumbs:

I remember when I had just vought the Zed in Dec I went for a spin and stopped at a petrol station when an american woman stopped me and said "that is the most gorgeous car!" I blushed and skipped into the petrol station on cloud nine, happy and convinced it was a great purchase.

It's funny because I've been back to that petrol station twice more in the last 6 months and both times have had somone comment. A special happy place! :lol:

My Zed had been cleaned, polished and was looking very sparkly on this particular sunny day in Cardiff, I was leaving a NCP and i drove past a 'real' Valley boy with his girlfriend and i was lucky enough to hear him say to her, "Oww look at aaa ana, bwand new tha'is" (translated- hey, look at that car, brand new that is) I was very happy to hear that because i was thinking, actually, its 6 years old! :teeth:

Tesco petrol station, A470. Another class valley boy said "Nice car blue". First time i've ever been called blue! :lol: I love being welsh but love the Valleys even more!! :lol:

My Zed had been cleaned, polished and was looking very sparkly on this particular sunny day in Cardiff, I was leaving a NCP and i drove past a 'real' Valley boy with his girlfriend and i was lucky enough to hear him say to her, "Oww look at aaa ana, bwand new tha'is" (translated- hey, look at that car, brand new that is) I was very happy to hear that because i was thinking, actually, its 6 years old! :teeth:

Tesco petrol station, A470. Another class valley boy said "Nice car blue". First time i've ever been called blue! :lol: I love being welsh but love the Valleys even more!! :lol:

:lol:

I got asked yesterday if my car was new, err no its 7 years old - look at the plates :bang:

Also got asked if it was a Ford & asked if it was an Alfa :wacko:

I've owned the car for 4 years and STILL get compliments. I never tire of it.

I want to come up with a better reply than :blush: eh thanks.... though.

One of my neighbours was about 14-15 when I got it and he was drooling over it. I said to him - see, it's worth working hard in school ;) which his mum was chuffed about!

LoL

:bangin: Damn .. I wish I'd thought of that at the time ... Now I need to make me a time machine and get back to that exact moment...

LoL

:bangin: Damn .. I wish I'd thought of that at the time ... Now I need to make me a time machine and get back to that exact moment...

Hehe you may have got a slap, doesnt matter which car you have its all about your game.