Wing mirror folding

Demolition49

do the wing mirrors auto fold when you turn off engine or do you guys manually do it everytime?

i havent noticed mine auto fold. the adjust bit works tho so iguess it isnt bust.

UK cars need it doing manually using the switch on the door - some JDMs do it automatically.

taa :) There is something i will NEVER remember to do, then will be gutted when someone rips it off and it was totally avoidable!

do the wing mirrors auto fold when you turn off engine or do you guys manually do it everytime?

i havent noticed mine auto fold. the adjust bit works tho so iguess it isnt bust.

UK cars need it doing manually using the switch on the door - some JDMs do it automatically.

Or you can do the auto-fold mod that's somewhere on the forum ... I've seen it in action and it works a treat!

try a bit of wd40.

equal time on my UK Zed

hmm are you sure they fold same time, you may not of noticed yet? Weird because every Z i tested like JDM's and UK all had drivers side wing mirror folding slower. Maybe its just bad luck :shrug:

And its just one of those things that bother you because you know its there im sure people can relate to that! Just knowing the problem is there even if its not that big of a problem to others is enough to drive you mad!

Yep mines the same even when controlled of the key remote...Just one of those things I guess...I never see them fold from inside the car anyway because there done by the time I get in.

Just lock, let them auto fold and walk away is my moto :thumbs:

Alex

• 1 month later...
on the way of folding mirrors, who has the guide for auto folding mirrors that integrates with the alarm??

as for this u have to email alexz. he will help u out. i have done it on mine and its spot on. took about 3-4 hours and about £30 of bits but worth it.

on the way of folding mirrors, who has the guide for auto folding mirrors that integrates with the alarm??

as for this u have to email alexz. he will help u out. i have done it on mine and its spot on. took about 3-4 hours and about £30 of bits but worth it.

Thanks for the feed back Sparky....nice to know your happy with the mod :thumbs::yahoo:

Alexz

Thanks for the feed back Sparky....nice to know your happy with the mod :thumbs::yahoo:

Alexz

sorry mate, meant to email you but forgot all about it!! its a cracking mod. only thing is the 12 core wire is internet only (i know its only a shopping list)!! lucky i had some multi core in the garage.

cool mod and well worth it. took a little longer than an hour tho. lol :lol:;)

Is it not something to do with the Earth spinning and being in the northern hemisphere ? ............. Perhaps Bronzee could confirm that it's the other way round in New Zealand :blush:

Who in the what now? :lol::lol:

Really, who cares about this?? :bangin:

The rate they fold and if tandem doesn't so much, just the fact that they do fold. ;)

Sparky, The large Maplins should have most of the internet only stuff in stock. I got mine from the huge one at thurrock.

oh OK cool. i have just got smaller stores round here. and they said it was internet only for that cable. got everything else of the shelf. :thumbs:

properly slower due to it being further away from the switch, thus longer cable for signal to run through.

:lol: Maybe if you had a spare 3m of cable in the driver door floating around from switch to drivers mirror to equal it out they may go at the same time. highly unlikely though.

have you noticed the windows are tad different speed as well? suprise suprise, the passenger one is slower.

Im known as the guy with OCD (as you demolition49 should know from my detailing) but the mirrors dont even annoy me! its not like they fold in every 30 seconds or anything.

the window on the other hand does annoy me.

There is nothing wrong with your mirrors. The reason the drivers side takes longer is because it travels further. The nearside mirror is set at a closer angle, the whole unit, not just the glass, so it arrives at its 'parked' position before the other one. :thumbs:

Of course you could get all OCD about the fact that your mirrors don't line up :bang: But you will find that most cars are like that, people just don't notice, until they start timing them, then they still don't notice :console: .

There is nothing wrong with your mirrors. The reason the drivers side takes longer is because it travels further. The nearside mirror is set at a closer angle, the whole unit, not just the glass, so it arrives at its 'parked' position before the other one. :thumbs:

Of course you could get all OCD about the fact that your mirrors don't line up :bang: But you will find that most cars are like that, people just don't notice, until they start timing them, then they still don't notice :console: .

Wow .... observation and lateral thinking at its best :thumbs: makes good sense when you think about it :lol:

Damn it, now i have to worry that my mirrors don't match and its effect on my aerodynamics! :lol: